PDA

View Full Version : Am I retarded? AKo first hand

Sykes
06-27-2005, 10:33 PM
First hand of an $11

UTG raises to T125 (7.5 BB)

I'm UTG+1 with AKo. I think for about 3 seconds and fold.

How dumb am I? Or is this a good fold? Expert fold?

Bigwig
06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First hand of an $11

UTG raises to T125 (7.5 BB)

I'm UTG+1 with AKo. I think for about 3 seconds and fold.

How dumb am I? Or is this a good fold? Expert fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguments could be made for all three (fold, call, and raise).

But, there's no way that your play is 'retarded.'

Rest easy.

acIdREIGN462
06-28-2005, 01:21 AM
I think calling here is a bad option because you miss the flop so often. Also,it is unlikely you will be able to take down the pot on a bluff if you miss because he has the lead and will be making a continuation bet. In an 800 chip tournament, calling can't be correct, right?

If you go over the top instead of calling you dont allow him to take it down with an inferior hand (A10-Q, random other crap morons raise with in an $11)on the flop when he leads and you missed, and he may fold better hands (22-88). If you fold you can find a better spot later or have more chips and, therefore, FE when the blinds get bigger.

I am sure someone much better at these than I will explain the calling option, but I think being down to 675 so often on hand 1 would be terrible. Can this be justified by the times you double through this guy when you hit your TPTK?

Regardless, if someone or several posters could justify all three options it would be interesting to evaluate. I am sure this has been gone through before so if anyone has a link that takes all three options into account that would be cool too.

Thanks
AcidReign

OrcaDK
06-28-2005, 01:30 AM
If you're retarded, then so am i.