PDA

View Full Version : FPS at $11. Dumb move or genius?

Sykes
06-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Sigh. I can't covert it so I tried to explain it the best I can.

LV2. I have 380 (after posting BB this hand) after a few unfortunate hands. I'm in BB and it's the first hand of LV2, IIRC. MP3 open limps with with T270 left in stack. SB completes with an average stack (~T700).

I have 34o. I push.

Horrible play? I know I should have waited for a better spot but I don't think that MP3 is calling or sb is calling. Knowing this, Is this push horrible?

cleinen
06-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Horrible. If you feel you have to push you can find a better hand. If you are at level 2 that means you have 12BB yet so no panic.

gildwulf
06-27-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 open limps with with T270 left in stack

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very sketchy to pull this move on a guy with 270 chips. Not only because he has a short stack, but because he has a short stack at lvl 2. This either means a) he had a really bad beat or b) (more likely) he's a super loose player and will most likely call with an Ace-rag.

Sykes
06-28-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 open limps with with T270 left in stack

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very sketchy to pull this move on a guy with 270 chips. Not only because he has a short stack, but because he has a short stack at lvl 2. This either means a) he had a really bad beat or b) (more likely) he's a super loose player and will most likely call with an Ace-rag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo on B. He called with A7s. I guess I chalk this one up to inexperience.

So used to playing big stack sngs on ub /images/graemlins/frown.gif.