PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm, pancakes...

ripdog
01-30-2003, 05:21 PM
These are really good and easy--try them once and you'll never go back to the mixes or restaurants. Of course good syrup helps too. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.

1.5 C. flour
3 eggs
2-3 Tblsp. Butter (melted)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 Tblsp. sugar
0.5 tsp. salt
1 pint buttermilk

Mix it all up and drop batter onto 350 degree skillet (I get 8 onto a ~12" by 18" griddle) and cook until most of the top side is noticably dry, flip and cook another minute or two. I get about 24 3.5 to 4 inch pancakes out of one batch. If you want really fluffy pancakes, separate the whites from the yolks and beat them until stiff peaks form. That's not necessary, IMO. I have never had pancakes in a restaurant that came close to these.

Ray Zee
01-30-2003, 08:21 PM
the only thing you are missing is not coming up to montana and picking huckelberries for the circles of torture. at least add blueberries as a second choice. plus some recipes like yours do better if you let the batter sit overnight in the fridge. always use only real maple syrup.

ripdog
01-30-2003, 11:57 PM
They absolutely taste better if you let them sit overnight--good call. The only problem with that strategy is that if you let them sit until noon or so, then the batter gets moldy. It goes bad fast! My wife is a big fan of blueberry pancakes but I'm not. Fresh huckleberries might be a different story. Nobody should be subjected to eating Bisquick or those awful Denny's pancakes.