PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this like a vagina mcginastein?

flyingmoose
06-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Normally this is an instapush for me preflop, but with the huge stack and the two shortstacks, survival seemed a lot more important than chips. I'm about 90% sure this is the right line, but if I'm 90% sure about something and I'm wrong, it's a huge leak, so I wanted to be sure.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t845)
Button (t980)
SB (t4895)
Hero (t1280)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t400) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t275</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: t675

Apathy
06-27-2005, 09:04 PM
no bad line... push PF, the shortys arent that short and a good player puts you in a terrible spot whenever you dont flop a pair (but a good player also pushes PF but thats not the point).

DasLeben
06-27-2005, 09:26 PM
If one of the other stacks doubles, you're in for some problems. Personally, I'd push and like a call here (unless he's a dolt and completed with AA or KK /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

flyingmoose
06-27-2005, 09:31 PM
I'm glad I posted it.

The Don
06-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Don't like it, you are definitely ahead and have a good amount of FE... clear push. Also, AQ is a bad hand to see an unraised flop with... you won't get credit for a decent hand if the board blanks.

Sykes
06-27-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If one of the other stacks doubles, you're in for some problems. Personally, I'd push and like a call here (unless he's a dolt and completed with AA or KK /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a dolt play? If BB is pushing a decent number of times here, Completing with AK/QQ-AA here is a great play.