PDA

View Full Version : going all in on the button in no limit tournaments

lwinfieldm
01-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Here is a situation I find myself in quite often.There are 4 tables remaining,the blinds are 50/100.I have $900 in chips,the 2 players to my left have $1500 in chips.They are both fair players,not overly agressive or weak callers.I figure one or the other will call me about 40% of the time.At this point the game has tighten up somewhat.Iam on the button,and everyone throws their hand away.With only 9x the blind in chips I usually go all in with any ace or pair.Would appreciate you telling me how you play in this situation.

ohkanada
01-30-2003, 03:40 PM
With 900 and blinds of 50-100, you are certainly close to that line where raising all-in is better than making it 3xBB since that is 1/3 of your stack. The decision to make it 300 rather than all-in, is if you make it 300 and the BB raises all-in are you calling? If the answer is yes then you should just raise all-in. If the answer is no, then you need to be pretty sure they will muck except with big hands.

So now the decision is what hands to steal with. Aces and pairs are a minimun. Depending on the the blinds and what they will defend with will tell you if you can raise with other cards.

Ken Poklitar