PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Rooms and Poker room rates

CrackerZack
01-30-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm planning on heading out to vegas in late March/early April and haven't decided on where to stay. I was curious what the Room in the Palms is like? Their poker room rate is very good (69 Sun-Thurs, 109 Fri,Sat) and only requires 4 hours of play/day. I didn't hear back from the Mirage or Bellagio on my inquiries to them. I have played in the Bellagio and Mirage and have had done extremely well in Bellagio (I think I still have a mark on my face from being hit with the deck for about 6 hours straight) and treaded water in the Mirage. I've heard good thing about the Monte Carlo room also but never played there. Any info the vegas residents or regulars could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Dynasty
01-30-2003, 05:52 PM
I'd repost this in the B&M Cardrooms forum. Also, read the post by Bull in that forum. I gave the # for the Monte Carlo which you should check out.

Why would you stay at the Palms? It's not even on the Strip. You've got to stay on the Strip.

CrackerZack
01-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks, I reposted and will read that other post. I did a search for posts on that topic but I guess the search only searches this forum (which makes sense). I thought the Palms was just off the strip? I've stayed at Hard Rock, Mandalay, Treasure Island and Caesars in past stays and really like being on the Strip so I'd like to stay there again. I thought the Palms was just off it though, like a block behind. Am I wrong with this? Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Dynasty
01-30-2003, 08:43 PM
The Palms is a little over a mile west of the Strip. It's approximately as far away as the Hard Rock.

Ulysses
01-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Why would you stay at the Palms? It's not even on the Strip.

Hot chicks. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I stay at the Hard Rock when I'm going with a group of guys, Bellagio w/ a girlfriend.

Duke
01-30-2003, 10:04 PM
The Palms is even west of the Rio. Yeah, it's not *that* far away from the strip, but it's a nice long walk over the 15.

It would be a cab or a limo to go anywhere, basically eating into the discount room rate.

I believe the Palms only has micro games, as well.

~D

Packerfan1
01-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Stay at the Olreans! $30 Poker rate, much bigger room (both your room and the poker room). 2 tournaments a day. Place is awesome. You're in walking distance of the Palms if you really want to check it out. Way too many young, pretty people trying to be trendy over there for me, kinda like the Hard Rock.

Just my 2c. Good luck.

Packerfan1

Dynasty
01-31-2003, 06:50 PM
The Hard Rock and Mandalay Bay definitely have earned the reputation for drawing the younger crowds.