PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me why this is seen as cheating?

Ducci015
06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok, this situation came up a few weeks ago. 5 left in a party step 5 sng. stacks looked like this, atleast somewhat

SB (HERO) 4500
BB (NUTZ) 150
UTG(PLAYER A) 1000
MP (BALLER6969) 1650
BUTTON (PLAYER B) 2200

the blinds were 100 200 and I was running over the bubble.

Hero dealt 62os

action folded around to the button who raises to 800, and I shove AI. NUTZ is AI in the dark and I want to keep the bubble. I know that i am most likely losing this and and its what i want, knowing that I can keep the bubble while gaining chips. the button is a tight player who has been timid around the bubble time, and i know that they will fd any hand but the very best. So, i decide to move AI, and the button folds. NUTZ wins the hand with something like 95 and I get what i want- an extended bubble period while picking up chips. After this play everyone went nuts saying I was a cheater and that I was only doing this to keep the BB around. they said i would never intentionally want a good player to be alive, and that anyone who wanst cheating would just fd there and let the play who showed strength beat out the bb. Is my play so far off? I thought it was a great play for my situation and was shocked and displeased when i was told that I was a cheater because of this good play. Let me know what u think-- good play or bad one-- and why does this look like collusion?

Bigwig
06-27-2005, 07:55 PM
You're not a cheater.

Pay no attention to them.

Freudian
06-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Of course it isn't cheating. If they want to be in the hand all they have to do is call. If they don't, they can fold.

I pushed with 52o from SB today when a player with 1/2xBB was all in. BB folded and I freerolled the hand.

raptor517
06-27-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, this situation came up a few weeks ago. 5 left in a party step 5 sng. stacks looked like this, atleast somewhat

SB (HERO) 4500
BB (NUTZ) 150
UTG(PLAYER A) 1000
MP (BALLER6969) 1650
BUTTON (PLAYER B) 2200

the blinds were 100 200 and I was running over the bubble.

Hero dealt 62os

action folded around to the button who raises to 800, and I shove AI. NUTZ is AI in the dark and I want to keep the bubble. I know that i am most likely losing this and and its what i want, knowing that I can keep the bubble while gaining chips. the button is a tight player who has been timid around the bubble time, and i know that they will fd any hand but the very best. So, i decide to move AI, and the button folds. NUTZ wins the hand with something like 95 and I get what i want- an extended bubble period while picking up chips. After this play everyone went nuts saying I was a cheater and that I was only doing this to keep the BB around. they said i would never intentionally want a good player to be alive, and that anyone who wanst cheating would just fd there and let the play who showed strength beat out the bb. Is my play so far off? I thought it was a great play for my situation and was shocked and displeased when i was told that I was a cheater because of this good play. Let me know what u think-- good play or bad one-- and why does this look like collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are the WORLDS GREATEST!!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

gildwulf
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
The fact that they made it to Step 5 and think this is cheating is kinda sad.

FatalError
06-27-2005, 07:57 PM
i've done this before, this is a very smart play given the situation, and in the worst case that you somehow beat nutz anyways you're picking up a relatively decent sized pot and going ITM with over half the chips

Slim Pickens
06-27-2005, 08:04 PM
These are probably the same kind of people who play the "no check-and-raise" rule because it "attempts to use elements of deception in poker." Morans. To answer you question: This is seen as cheating because your opponents don't understand jerk-all about STT poker. Why am I not playing the Step 5's?

SlimP

bigalbr
06-27-2005, 08:15 PM
What did they accuse you of? It can't be chip dumping, you have no way to fold to NUTZ.

There is a school of thought that you should not bet into an unraised side pot with an opportunity to eliminate a player (Daniel Negreanu is a proponent), but Button has already raised plus you have no desire to eliminate NUTZ. Sounds like whining from a shortstack who should have known not to get involved if he can't call.

tminus
06-27-2005, 08:29 PM
wtf are you talking about ?

acIdREIGN462
06-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Edit: After re-reading the post I responded to I have decided I am a moron

AcidReign

trdi
06-27-2005, 08:38 PM
That's definetly cheating. With your all-in you represented a great hand. Which you didn't have... everyone believed you... they trusted you! /images/graemlins/mad.gif ...and you let them down... /images/graemlins/frown.gif How can you do that to other players? Representing hands you don't really have? Don't you have... conscience??