Cleveland Guy
06-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Here is the situation.

Pokerroom $20 SnG - 4 Left

Chip stacks are about this:

ME (BB) with about 8500
UTG has about 2500
Button has about 3500
SB is the short stack with 450 - Before posting.

Blinds are 100/200 (no ante)

UTG Folds, Button raises to 450. SB Folds. I call.

My hand is not great - 9d7d. But I think that the raise was meant to isolate the SB, but not comitt him to the pot.

Buttons play was solid, and tight, maybe a bit on the weak side. He had autofolded a couple of min-raises "steals" by me already.

I think I can possibly outplay him on the flop since the SB folded, and I have him outchipped.

Flop - K 7 5 - All Hearts.

I hit 2nd pair, but there is a 3flush out there.

I check wanting to see his action. He bets out a bit under 1/2 pot with 400. I call - fully intending to push the turn if it's a brick (No K, no /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

Question #1 - Is this a good basic strategy on the bubble here?

So the turn comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I now have 2 pair, and if I wasn't ahead before, I'm feeling pretty good about being ahead now.

He has 2500 or so left.

Question #2 - Should I now go for a check/raise check/call since I'm ahead, or stick with my original thought of pushing any Non K non Heart?

Results to follow.

durron597
06-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Why do you want to push now? You actually have a real hand. I bet almost the full pot, like 700.

Cleveland Guy
06-27-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to push now? You actually have a real hand. I bet almost the full pot, like 700.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is at about 1800.

So I pot bet is almost the same as putting him in.

Even with 2 pair, I don't mind taking it down here.

That plus this is how I would have played it if I missed, so should I play it the same even though I hit?