PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with me on this? (new structure observation)

The Don
06-27-2005, 06:35 PM
I have been tearing up the $22s lately largely because of the new structure. A lot of players who I have notes on (and used to respect their game) are consistently scared to see flops. They are also donking away their chips with either stupid moves or weak-tight play after they get 12-20BB following their initial double-up. Additionally, the heads up play has been quite terrible when the blind level does not dictate an all-in or fold strategy. I think a lot of formerly good SnGers need to spend a few weeks at the NL 6max tables or maybe even play a few MTTs (SnGs are playing a bit more like MTTs since the structure change).

freemoney
06-27-2005, 06:47 PM
i think there is a large overexaggeration about the effect of the new level going around this forum, a previously winning player will not now be a losing player/need weeks to improve play because of the SLIGHTLY adjusted format.

Bigwig
06-27-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been tearing up the $22s lately largely because of the new structure. A lot of players who I have notes on (and used to respect their game) are consistently scared to see flops. They are also donking away their chips with either stupid moves or weak-tight play after they get 12-20BB following their initial double-up. Additionally, the heads up play has been quite terrible when the blind level does not dictate an all-in or fold strategy. I think a lot of formerly good SnGers need to spend a few weeks at the NL 6max tables or maybe even play a few MTTs (SnGs are playing a bit more like MTTs since the structure change).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if anyone is having THAT much trouble, but so far I really like the change. I'm getting an extra couple of feeling out hands heads-up, and I'm whipping a** when it's down to two.