PDA

View Full Version : Money Management Software

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
So I'm thinking about getting some money management software on my home pc. It's been too long a time coming. I've been able to just keep track of everything on my own and I just sit down and log into my bank's website and pay everything online. Lately, though, things have come up, a bill was missed in the pile, and it's just getting to the point that my wife and I need to be more organized. We just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, what're some recommendations for good software? Money? Quicken? What else? I'd like to have something that can automatically log in to my bank's website to get balances and send out e-pay checks, get electronic statements from my credit cards, etc., and just in general help keep everything organized and well-recorded.

I had a free copy of Money from my old PC, but I've lost the installation disc. Maybe if I can find that, I'll try it out, although it's going to be a 2-year-old version of the software.

[censored]
06-27-2005, 06:13 PM
they have a free 90 day demo for the deluxe version

MS Money (http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx)

bennyk
06-27-2005, 07:14 PM
I use quicken and it's pretty good.

i recommend it.
bk

alekhine8
06-27-2005, 11:36 PM
If you plan on buying Turbotax or Taxcut to do your 2005 taxes, you can usually get a free copy of Quicken or MS Money with it, although the low-end versions are usually pretty cheap and adequate anyways.

I have MS Money and like it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys. I don't need any tax stuff, because my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are both accountants and they do our taxes for us.

Money's looking pretty good. I downloaded the trial, but I haven't had time to really do anything with it yet. It does everything I mentioned in my original post?

ddollevoet
06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
I use Wife v1.0.

Patrick del Poker Grande
06-28-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I use Wife v1.0.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I tried that and it's actually what led to this mess.

swolfe
06-28-2005, 10:42 AM
i've been using the various MS Money version for several years now. it's easy to use and has all the doodads that you'd need.