PDA

View Full Version : Oxycontin

MoreWineII
06-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Does anybody actually enjoy this stuff? I've tried it a few times and I thought it sucked. It did the job as far as getting me ripped, but it left me feeling all jittery and nauseous.

Only drug I've tried except weed and I must say I have no desire to every try anything else again, lol.

So what's the attraction?

BusterStacks
06-27-2005, 05:23 PM
it rules.

slickpoppa
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
did you snort it?

wacki
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that our bodies are chemically similar. This just isn't the case. You like weed, and I get either incredibly stupid/paranoid or angry on weed.

Everyone is different. I have a feeling my body chemistry is similar to Busters as we have a lot of the same tastes.

BusterStacks
06-27-2005, 05:26 PM
I agree with this even more so now, it sounds like we have the same reaction to weed.

slickpoppa
06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
btw, I wouldnt recommend using it, as a friend of mine went through some bad withdrawl after using the stuff for only 10 days after surgery.

Chiron
06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
oxy is more addictive than heroin. i'd stay away from that stuff if i were you.

ChoicestHops
06-27-2005, 05:36 PM
I am the same way on weed. When I was 16-18 and smoked all the time, I enjoyed getting high. These days I get extremely paranoid and confused when Im high, and it completely ruins my drunks.

Pocket Trips
06-27-2005, 05:37 PM
I was prescribed it few months ago for some serious pain I was in and taking it scared the hell outta me...

It did wonders as far as taking the pain away but I also felt the same nausea and nervousness u described but whn it was taking effect it felt great

It felt so good that as soon as I could survive without taking it ( about 3 days) I threw the rest of them out so I would not be tempted to take the rest

itsmesteve
06-27-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it left me feeling all jittery and nauseous

[/ QUOTE ]

. . . welcome to the world of opiate withdrawal.

RicktheRuler
06-27-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody actually enjoy this stuff? I've tried it a few times and I thought it sucked. It did the job as far as getting me ripped, but it left me feeling all jittery and nauseous.

Only drug I've tried except weed and I must say I have no desire to every try anything else again, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its like heroin, so the withdrawl effects can be terrible. I haven't used it before--although Ive done most other things--but I know a lot of peole that seem to like it.

manpower
06-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah, opiates suck. Stay clear if you ask me. It's pretty common up here in the sticks though. What do they call it, hillbilly heroin? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

trying2learn
06-27-2005, 06:54 PM
they're time release - i took one once and after some horrible convulsion vomiting - up it came, about 3 hours after i took it, only slightly smaller than when i swallowed it. nasty, nasty stuff.

BusterStacks
06-27-2005, 06:56 PM
you have to take off the time release stuff, hold it in between your hands for twenty minutes then rub the outter layer off.

gunt
06-28-2005, 12:38 AM
i have like ten friends that are addicted to this... very dangerous. they have been in and out of detox a bunch of times... their counselors say the withdrawals are 10X worse than heroin since it is chemically engineered. the pills are time released, but if you snort it they hit you all at once. everyone i know that messed around with OCs for even a few weeks got addicted to them, and became total scumbags. also, everyone who gets addicted to them eventually goes to heroin because its cheaper and a similar high. i also know some people who overdosed on these ( snorting them combined with other drugs = -EV )

brassnuts
06-28-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes that our bodies are chemically similar. This just isn't the case. You like weed, and I get either incredibly stupid/paranoid or angry on weed.

Everyone is different. I have a feeling my body chemistry is similar to Busters as we have a lot of the same tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This idea sounds stupid because if you don't enjoy it, there's no reason to keep doing it, but if you were to build up a tolerance (only takes maybe 4-5 sessions over a few day period) you wouldn't have these adverse effects. Several months ago, I smoked for the first time in about 5 months, and I was basically incapacitated and had paranoia almost to the point of social anxiety disorder, where I just didn't want to be around anyone (granted it was some absolute chrnoic). After a couple sessions I was back to getting high just like I remembered it.

radek2166
06-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Oxycontin rawks. Also helps me play poker

mmcd
06-28-2005, 01:06 AM
You really have the snort them if you want the full effect. That being said, I'd just steer clear of them altogether. As others have mentioned, they're very addictive, and could be pretty dangerous. This [censored] is seriously like 1-step away from heroin. The last time I took an oxy (I only used them occasionally, like 1-2x/month) was when I snorted a whole OC80 when I was completely blackout drunk. I seriously think I was lucky to wake up the next morning.

Also, I think I read something a couple of years ago that they changed the pills so if you crush them up now, they won't work. If this is the case, getting the pills to an effective powder form is probably a decent hassle.

radek2166
06-28-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I snorted a whole OC80 when I was completely blackout drunk. I seriously think I was lucky to wake up the next morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are............when I was working in Vegas dip [censored] is black out drunk and eats a fentynal lolipop.....he has a bit of brain damage

Blarg
06-28-2005, 01:36 AM
Set and setting, when it comes to drugs. It's easy to not give drugs credit for how powerful they are, but anything that changes your noodle even a little can have a strong effect. Even though pot is pretty mild stuff overall, it's usually a good idea to only take it if your head is in the right place and you're in a good setting you feel psychologically comfortable with. Otherwise it can set you off just like much stronger stuff. Heck, even sugar and beer can lead to huge mood swings and personality changes.

roxtar
06-28-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
( snorting them combined with other drugs = -EV )

[/ QUOTE ]

- EV ....Priceless!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KyleC
06-28-2005, 02:46 AM
oxycontin = oxycodone ?
i have rheumatoid arthritis and when it gets real bad i pop 1 oxycodone and it'll take care of it ^_^

sexdrugsmoney
06-28-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, opiates suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Sorry?

Can't believe what I just read.

Opiates are God's gift to mankind, they have saved lives and help people daily who hurt with affliction.

Not only that but opiates are perhaps the safest drugs to use long term.

You get 5 people, 1 heroin addict, 1 ecstacy user, 1 coke user, 1 speed user, and 1 Marijuana smoker ... and lets say they use their respective drugs long term and observe hygenic practices:

I guarantee you all but the H user will have psychological damage by either depression/paranoia or at worst, schizophrenia, not too mention all the amphetamine/coke users will probably have heart problems.

Blarg
06-28-2005, 04:58 AM
The important question is, which will have man-boobs?

sexdrugsmoney
06-28-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The important question is, which will have man-boobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Marijuana and Coke users.

xadrez
06-28-2005, 09:21 AM
This thread is making me feel itchy and warm all over.

Stellastarr
06-29-2005, 04:14 AM
Once my Uncle's pharmacy got robbed by gunpoint and the scumbag made out with $3000 worth of Oxycontin. Probably worth 5-10x on the street.

manpower
06-29-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oxycontin = oxycodone ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much, oxycodone is oxycontin in a time release format.

raisins
06-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Alcohol wasn't in the previous post's list but that's the drug which will facilitate man boobs the most.

Also, while opiates like Dilaudid can be used by the chronically sick for long periods of time, perhaps indefinitely, to say that they do not result in psychological damage is wrong. Long term use of opiates creates a psychological dependence along with a physical addiction. I've known a few people who have had habits and they certainly didn't come out of it mentally stronger or even at the same level. Most junkie memoirs tell the same tale.

regards,

raisins

Tyler Durden
06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Once my Uncle's pharmacy got robbed by gunpoint and the scumbag made out with $3000 worth of Oxycontin. Probably worth 5-10x on the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many stories like this all across the country re: oxy addicts. There have been a few stories here in the DC area of someone going to a person's house to make a purchase, then they kill the guy once they get there and take all the Oxy he has.

liquidboss
06-29-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I snorted a whole OC80 when I was completely blackout drunk. I seriously think I was lucky to wake up the next morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are very lucky to be alive.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I think I read something a couple of years ago that they changed the pills so if you crush them up now, they won't work. If this is the case, getting the pills to an effective powder form is probably a decent hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this, when I don't snort them I always crush them up before swallowing them... Gets the time release out of the way and makes sure you digest it fast. I think I might go get some right now... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a side note, how much are you guys paying for these? I remember a few years ago I could get 80s for $40, 40s for $20 and so on, but the only guy I know now sells 80s for $60 and 40s for $30.

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 04:23 PM
My weed dealer offered to buy them from me (I don't wanna take them, see OP) for $6-7 a pill for 20s. I assume he was planning on marking them up and reselling, so...

This is in the Portland/Vancouver area.

sexdrugsmoney
06-29-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alcohol wasn't in the previous post's list but that's the drug which will facilitate man boobs the most.

Also, while opiates like Dilaudid can be used by the chronically sick for long periods of time, perhaps indefinitely, to say that they do not result in psychological damage is wrong. Long term use of opiates creates a psychological dependence along with a physical addiction. I've known a few people who have had habits and they certainly didn't come out of it mentally stronger or even at the same level. Most junkie memoirs tell the same tale.

regards,

raisins

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking dependance/addiction as that is way too broad a term that can be used for almost any drug (cigarettes, alcohol) or even things like food or sex.

If you read any manual on drugs I assure you the long term effects on the body are next to nothing with opiates while nearly every other illicit substance will take a physical or mental toll.

Cheers,
SDM

BeerMoney
06-29-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oxy is more addictive than heroin. i'd stay away from that stuff if i were you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!! I know lots of people addicted to this crap. Stay the F_CK away.

Voltron87
06-29-2005, 07:30 PM
what is the high that oxycontin gives you?

liquidboss
06-29-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the high that oxycontin gives you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as all other opiates really, it's just a lot stronger and designed to be released over time so when you chew it up it's a lot closer to heroin than it is to Vicodin or other painkillers you can get with a prescription. They are all the same family. Check this (http://www.drugs.com/oxycontin.html) out.

MoreWineII
06-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I'd describe it as a much more intense weed. It always made me feel really jittery though. And I had periods of mild to severe nausea with it.