PDA

View Full Version : Shania'd

Jason Strasser
06-27-2005, 05:19 PM
This isn't a ton of content, but here is a case where stacks were fairly deep in a party super late, and I got simply bitch slapped by Shania.

I think there were something like 3 tables left. I had a very very nice stack of 40k with blinds at 1k/2k, and my opponent had the chip lead (70k ish). My opponent in this hand was interesting. He had the chip lead in the tournament, and loved to call raises from the blinds and lead flops. You know the type. One hand he won a nice pot when he called a minraise with A6o, led an a-high flop, and got it all in vs a terribly played QQ who reraiesd the flop. Other hands he called a raise, led out, and folded to reraises, and sometimes he won uncontested. It just seemed like he put people to the test for their stack if they wanted his blind.

So this hand comes up where I open to 5.4k from MP or something and he calls from the BB. I had AJo. Flop comes Jd 5d 4s. He leads out 6k. Gulp.

A raise here and I stick in my whole stack. If I call, well then he may have a free shot to get to his draw, and there are cards that may kill my action, or put me behind (A, K, Q, J, maybe even a diamond). I did not have the Ad. I was pretty certain there my only play was to push, especially given the fact that I had seen him make a call with a pair of aces no kicker in this spot, so he might look me up with JT or something. I mean, I can't fold, right? Hello Shania, you there? Stay with me.

So I push, he calls with KK, I lose. FU shania.

-Jason

Indiana
06-27-2005, 05:28 PM
LMFAO. Shania can be a bitch...There is nothing I hate more than when I study a guy and start understanding his LAG proclivities only to get him all in before the flop with my strong hand and see him flip over KK-AA...But then again, Shania...

Indy

Indiana
LMFAO. Shania can be a bitch...There is nothing I hate more than when I study a guy and start understanding his LAG proclivities only to get him all in before the flop with my strong hand and see him flip over KK-AA...But then again, Shania...

Indy

billyjex
It sucks that bad players can get cards too.

I'm going broke on the flop as well.

Jason Strasser
06-27-2005, 05:32 PM
Im not so sure that he was bad.

-Jason

SossMan
06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
this hand plays itself against him.

Jason Strasser
06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
I wasn't really posting about my play, I think its pretty obvious. I was just trying to illustrate Shania since I'm fairly certain many people here misunderstand the concept.

-Jason

Indiana
06-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Jason,

Please elaborate for us less educated in the ways of Shania. What does this occurence teach us about Shania?

Indy

autobet
06-27-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im not so sure that he was bad.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
He sounds pretty strong to me.

EverettKings
06-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Bleh. It's kind of like "correctly" calling a LP push late in a tourney with like A8, only to see KK. I mean, he does that with all kinds of hands for this reason, you of all people understand this.

My only thinking is that a shove gets out the vast majority of worse hands, so you might get more value with a flat call. Might. How has he reacted to people who just call his flop bet? Will he fire again? If he tends to shut down then a flop push is the only way to go, but if there's a good chance he'll load another barrel with a worse hand, then I'd say it's worth the dangers of a free card here. Diamonds and 67 are the only real risks, and considering his wide range it's unlikely you're looking at these. If he was planning to bet he'll probably do it with scary and safe cards alike, since they're likely to scare you just as much as him.

I feel like this kind of guy would keep firing a fair amount of the time, as if he always backed down he'd give up too many pots. I'm not resolving the issue of paying off KK, but I think you might trip up 88 (or a total bluff) into spewing some more chips.

Everett

gumpzilla
06-27-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate for us less educated in the ways of Shania. What does this occurence teach us about Shania?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because BB will play a wide range in this situation, he can get his big hands paid here in a way he couldn't if this raise signified QQ-AA, AK.

SossMan
06-27-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't really posting about my play, I think its pretty obvious. I was just trying to illustrate Shania since I'm fairly certain many people here misunderstand the concept.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and she can be obtuse or blindingly biased based on the poster and the post.

Bataglin
06-27-2005, 07:24 PM
I understand what you mean, but it would have made for better Shania if you - in this spot - moved in with something you under normal circumstances would have folded, like A5 or 88 or whatever.

I think this push is pretty standard, Shania or no Shania.

Jurollo
06-27-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jason,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]
She was the cohost on the WPT. Posed in playboy a few times and I think she was a Hawaiian Trpoic model as well.
~Justin

Jason Strasser
06-27-2005, 07:36 PM
I hope this is a joke?

Jurollo
06-27-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this is a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, she didnt actually join the Hawaiian Tropic model team.
~Justin