PDA

View Full Version : ok how stupid is this...

curtains
06-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Ok my sister is playing at the WSOP and was in some $200 tourney with some "pro". Ive heard he is actually a good player but whatever Im going to leave out his name so you can be objective.

Bascially its a $200 multi, he has plenty of chips, and he limps in EP for 50 chips with ATo, my sister moves allin for 700 chips from the cutoff after thinking a while. Folded to him and he calls. How bad is this? Personally I think it's completely ridiculous, especially since my sister is obviously very tight. Any opinions?

kyro
06-27-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

especially since my sister is obviously very tight. Any opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. A week ago, I would have let you be the judge.

curtains
06-27-2005, 04:08 PM
She's very tight when she has 14x the BB in the cutoff against an EP limper. Lets put it that way. Shes not very tight when she has 5-6x the BB on the button when everyone has folded to her.

kyro
06-27-2005, 04:10 PM
*sigh*

Yeah, it's a dumb play. Maybe he was hoping to score and find out how tight later on that night. I'm sorry she got outdrawn /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Myst
06-27-2005, 04:11 PM
What are starting chip stacks?

Yeah, and this pro is stupid.

Cunning Linguist
06-27-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing?

runner4life7
06-27-2005, 04:13 PM
not saying it is right, but thats poker and you of anyone here should know not to expect people to make the "right" moves.

GtrHtr
06-27-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
especially since my sister is obviously very tight. Any opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Zing?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some seriously humorous stuff going to waste here.

johnnybeef
06-27-2005, 04:27 PM
Out of curiousity, where was it at? I'd also like more info on this subject. Was he just in a gambling mood blowing off steam? Was he experimenting with his game maybe in order to become a huge chip stack? Im curious as to why he made the play personally as it is horra-awful imo.

p.s. I am not too crazy about pushing 700 to win 150 with an EP limper by the way.

curtains
06-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Oops my bad!

Nah just when you first start out you sometimes believe everything you hear from people that sound knowledgable. This guy was giving out lessons at the table supposedly. My dad always had huge problem where he's very impressionable, and thus he beleived anything anyone said as long as they seemed somewhat knowledgable and I'd always have to tell him to forget everything he heard.

Irieguy
06-27-2005, 04:42 PM
This sounds like the $200 second chance NL event they hold every night at the RIO.

This is a very fast tourney, and everybody is tilting for all of the obvious reasons. You need to accumulate chips, and that, combined with the speed of the tourney and tilt factor, leads to some loose pushes.

So, while the call is probably not very good... under the circumstances it's close enough to be marginal, and the winner of the second chance RIO night event is going to be somebody that got lucky with some marginal or worse plays. You won't be making many people fold after 11pm at the RIO.

Irieguy