PDA

View Full Version : Getting the picture?

Ben Therre
06-27-2005, 02:53 PM
I posted a picture by my name over the weekend and everything looked like it was working just fine from my home computer. While I was at work today I noticed my picture was a blank with an X. Can some let me know what they see? And would anyone know why it works on my home computer but not on my work computer?
Sincerely,
Disfunctional Computer User

manpower
06-27-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm assuming you're referring to your avatar? I see nothing. No red X, no blank box, it displays as if you havn't set one up. I recommend you get the file hosted at http://www.imageshack.us/ or any of the other free hosting sites, and use the direct link to that image while setting up your profile. That's what worked for me anyway.

Ben Therre
06-27-2005, 04:40 PM
I'll give it shot. Thanks

Nomad84
06-29-2005, 09:33 PM
He is correct. You set up the avatar to get the file from "file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Phil/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Weird/nn200.gif". It needs to be online somewhere. Basically all of our computers are looking on the C drive for the picture. It isn't there, so we get a red X. Your home computer finds it just fine, on the other hand, so you see the avatar.