PDA

View Full Version : Pocket AA, check/call to win ($75) or bet/raise to lose/win $20.

YoungOne
06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
I have a question, it might be dumb but oh well. At canterbury, they have a deal where if u lose with pocket aces on tuesday (between 10-6pm) they will give u $75. I only play 2/4 limit holdem, so it's a nice size win.

In my experience, i have gotten pocket aces once and won. I have also seen and cracked pocket aces myself when that person was not very aggressive with it.

what would u do if u got deal pocket aces on tuesday between (10-6pm)? I'm thinking check/call all the way down, hoping to get everyone in the pot ( 9-10 handed if possible). I want to win that $75 dollars. discuss..........

thanks

-YoungOne

Edge34
06-27-2005, 02:50 PM
Play it as you normally would. Especially at 2/4, you'll get followers a lot, but they'll still hold up (GASP) their fair share of the time. Last thing you want to do is get them once and not maximize their value when they win. That whole promotion is basically a joke IMO.

If you play them that weakly, you're going to miss out on a LOT of value. The chance at the $75 bonus isn't enough to make up for that.

ecm1185
06-27-2005, 03:06 PM
I would definitely play them soft and try to lose.

I don't play much 2/4 but I have averaged $9.16/hand with AA over 40 hands. If this is anywhere close to a long term average, then you stand to gain about $50/hand going for the $75. ($75 - $10 [profit given up] - $16 [amt lost during hand] = $49) Not even close IMO.

YoungOne
06-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Split right down the middle,

A tough question, but I've decided to raise it, if I have pocket Aces in that bonus promo situation. I believe pocket AA will win the majority of the time against a random hand. I definitely don't want to lose some value bets when i got that hand. If i get lucky, i lose with pocket AA (then i win $75). Either way, i'm happy...

thanks, it got me thinking

YoungOne

AKQJ10
06-27-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely play them soft and try to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. $75 is a nice 18.75 big bet pot at $2/4. Whatever equity you give up by letting opponents draw out on you, there's no way it's $75.

I played at the Crystal Park in LA with a similar promotion during morning hours, "Aces cracked win a rack." This was at $3/6, so the rack of blue $1 would still be 16.67 big bets. It was funny to see people try to get sucked out on.

PokerBob
06-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I would play 4/8 instead and play the aces like i would any other time. The rake at 2/4 and 3/6 at CP is absurd, and the 4/8 game is nearly as retarded as the 2/4.

That said, the retards at 2/4 are going to call all the way anyhow. Play it fast.