PDA

View Full Version : $22 trouble hand, (JJ).

wrongshui
06-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I had some trouble with this hand, Sat night... and I still haven't been able to come to a good conclusion on my play.

I apologize for the lack of a converter, I'm here at the office, and don't have the hand history saved.

Blinds (50/100) Down to Last 4 Players.

All 4 Stacks are even +/-100.

I'm on the button, with no caller, with JJ. I raise to 250.
BB Calls.
Flop KQ10, 2 diamonds (I have the J of dia). Checked to me, I bet 3/4 the pot. BB raises all in.

I use my bank, and end up folding...

Comments?

GtrHtr
06-27-2005, 03:45 PM
I think this is pretty clearly push fold time PF. If you didn't feel like pushing, you should've folded, but folding this is horrible IMO.

kyro
06-27-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty clearly push fold time PF. If you didn't feel like pushing, you should've folded, but folding this is horrible IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Everyone is sitting on around 20BB. Push/fold mentality is terrible.

GtrHtr
06-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I missed that in the way he posted the hand. Thanks.

wrongshui
06-27-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Everyone is sitting on around 20BB. Push/fold mentality is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I didn't want to push the hand on the bubble with even stacks across the board...

I also still had 13 or so BB to play with after folding that hand.

It would have been an easier decision for me a few levels earlier, or ITM, but... I really had a hard time with this one, with all the circumstances mentioned.

kyro
06-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Difficult hand to play. Here's what I probably do.

Raise more PF. Like 350 or so.

Check-raise the flop all-in. IF it's checked around, open push the turn.

Thoughts?

*Edit* I have a thought. Can't check raise on the button you idiot. Ugh.

kyro
06-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Now that I butchered my post. I still raise more PF. Bet when it's checked to me. The way you played it. You have to call ~1350 into ~2700. I probably fold to since it's really close and you've still got some maneuvering room.

wrongshui
06-27-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I butchered my post. I still raise more PF. Bet when it's checked to me. The way you played it. You have to call ~1350 into ~2700. I probably fold to since it's really close and you've still got some maneuvering room.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the preflop bet should have been more... The way I played it, calling really wasnt an option.

I think the general consensus will be that the preflop bet was way weak, which I agree with. I think 300-350 would have been better... And would have been my standard. I need to work on that, when Im multi-tabling.

Thanks for the input. =)