PDA

View Full Version : Folding 88 After the Flop

The_Missile
06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
This is a play I made about two years ago, I think it was the second game of poker I've ever played, but it's still come back to haunt me 24 months later.

I had pocket 8s and raised pre-flop. I had three callers going to the flop. Now, I was shortstacked, and the other three players involved had me at about 3-1 stack size. The flop came down 10-J-K. The player to my right raised me all-in. After much consideration, I folded. One of the other players behind me called, the turn was an 8, and the river was an 8. I was disgusted to see that I folded what would have been quads, but I think I made the right play.

Did I?

junkmail3
06-27-2005, 01:38 PM
You should always call with 88 all in when you know two eights are going to come on the turn and the river.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
06-27-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should always call with 88 all in when you know two eights are going to come on the turn and the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... that is funny

you played it right, 3 overcards on flop, 2 others in pot, no question fold!

You should not even care that you "would have made 4 of a kind" You would have been a big underdog had you called. Do you know what the chances of hitting 4 of a kind are after flop? 1080:1. Who cares that it hit after you folded. You won't see it again for another 1080 post flop hands.

mlagoo
06-27-2005, 01:48 PM
jopke