PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about RMBS?

Nepa
01-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Is it just me or is RMBS a sham company? They make money off of a few patents that they own. Plus, are always in court suing other companies over patent infringment. If I'm wrong please let me know. Thanks

P.S. They did have a hell of a day, up over 55 percent.

scalf
01-30-2003, 08:20 AM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif i have followed rambus for at least 3-4 years...lost a lot...i am not a lawyer..(i actually have to work for a living..lol)....but this appeals court decision should help rambus immensely....probably memory suppliers of ddr will pay a licensing fee...but ya do not know...they also have real engineering support,,,and some new ideas/patents in the pipeline.....it is true that rambus only licenses its inteelectual property,(and provides technical support to manufacturers, but rmbs does not make anything itself...and the powers do not like that...lol...i am adding to my rmbs ...but there is real risk here..jmho..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Nepa
01-30-2003, 04:03 PM
I hope this investment works well for you and thanks for the info. I haven't watched RMBS for about 2 years and was just wondering if they were on the same business plan. I'm sure they'll do fine if they win in the courts but my biggest concern would be there patents becoming outdated. It almost sound like they need a pipeline like drug companies. Thanks again and Good luck.

scalf
01-31-2003, 07:35 AM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif rmbs..a real gambling stock...has gone from 5/share to over 100/sh in past....holds patents on computer chip memory enhancements...when it lost a big court decision about 1.5 years ago stock tanked...but it does have revenues as some manufacturers have opted to pay rmbs their royalty to have quicker in/out memory...i.e. playstation II use rambus technology...

however ftc has sued rmbs, real concern about companies like rmbs controlling patents which depending on how broad an interpretation given them, could impede business in general as court fights drag on.....

still, there is tremendous potential upside in rmbs, as companies may decide to bargain down royalties and sign on...or they can continue extremely expensive litigation(for a small company like rmbs, major expense is legal; but they have to peotect their intellectual property or they have nothing)..and hope to wait it out...

complicated situation...i am bullish on rmbs, but a very risky stock..do your own dd...gl /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

scalf
01-31-2003, 06:24 PM
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif rmbs up 3/sh today...i added significantly to my position...lol...might crash monday....still..a potential 10 bagger...lol...saw buying panic today...just like the good old days of 2000...lol...gl /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

scalf
02-03-2003, 08:53 AM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif rmbs...lotta different opinions..lol...i am holding on here...stilll going for at least 4 bagger...the bus runs over someone...very volatile...not fer widows/orphans...gl

scalf
02-05-2003, 08:48 AM
/forums/images/icons/frown.gif shorts becoming vicious on bulletin boards...no talk of vacations in hawaii by all the millionaire-to-be-longs..lol...nest support around 10...still a gr8 long term buy..imho..gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif

scalf
02-13-2003, 07:47 AM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif PLX tech inc. has announced pci espress bridging chips use rambus serial link technology...better known as RaSer..and signed a licensing agreement....

note this is new technology..nothing to do with recent court decision in rambus's favour, which potentially will lead to mega licensing royalties on sdram, ddram.....

rmbs remains in dispute with ftc...stiill air to clear..and significant risk...

buy 100 shares..you can sell in a COUPLE YEARS AAND buy in at wsop big one..lol..jmho..gl /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Nepa
02-13-2003, 06:31 PM
Sorry to say that I will not be buying any RMBS. Maybe I'll miss out on making some big bucks but I'm always willing to take that risk if I don't like the company or should I say that I don't like the business plan. Anytime that you have to sue to get money out of companies you have to question the practice. Is it not true that RMBS has more lawyers working for the company than engineers? This is JMHO.

P.S. I sorry that I ever brought the stock up.
P.S.S. Nothing personal scalf

scalf
02-14-2003, 07:32 AM
ok..i agree there are severe questions about rmbs...but that is the double-edged sword..i feel the long term risk/reward is huge..but ya could lose most of your money too...

anyway..i'll start another thread, so you won't be implicated...i do have a huge % bankroll(excuse me %investment, lol) in rmbs...and i could be wrong...

anyway you never endorsed the company and that should be clear to everyone...gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif