PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise is a nutjob

bernie
06-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Here is the interview with Matt Lauer

interview with an idiot (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/06/24.html)

I love how he avoids being called on some of his 'points'. What a moron.

b

jakethebake
06-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Well that was weird. A second ago this thread had two responses. Mine and another. Now it's back to zero. Well, again...

"oh, goody! the daily tom cruise thread."

SomethingClever
06-27-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well that was weird. A second ago this thread had two responses. Mine and another. Now it's back to zero. Well, again...

"oh, goody! the daily tom cruise thread."

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom probably used his science-ology to baleet them.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o

chaas4747
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is the interview with Matt Lauer

interview with an idiot (http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/06/24.html)

I love how he avoids being called on some of his 'points'. What a moron.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

How pissed would you be if you were Spielberg?

"Hey ass I just paid you millions of dollars, you are supposed to be on these shows promoting my freaking movie, and you are pulling this crap."

MoreWineII
06-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm kinda tired of Tom Cruise actually. I wish he'd go away...far away.

mike l.
06-27-2005, 12:05 PM
everything he's done lately is carefully planned. his advisors, agent, whoever told him to do it. if you look back in history other actors and public figures have had similar weird spurts in order to create new interest in a name that's getting stale. just look how much free press he's gotten on here because of his recent "zaniness".

chaas4747
06-27-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
everything he's done lately is carefully planned. his advisors, agent, whoever told him to do it. if you look back in history other actors and public figures have had similar weird spurts in order to create new interest in a name that's getting stale. just look how much free press he's gotten on here because of his recent "zaniness".

[/ QUOTE ]

What do the aliens say when they come to you at night?

CollinEstes
06-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Since when does having a library card make you an expert. What a douche.

mike l.
06-27-2005, 01:00 PM
"What do the aliens say when they come to you at night?"

they say dont worry so much about tom cruise, he's just an actor trying to get attention.

Beezos
06-27-2005, 03:56 PM
tom cruise going crazy (http://gorillamask.net/cruiseoprah.shtml)

i hear tom cruise it flaming gay... this new marriage BS with katie holmes is a sham to cover up his homosexuality. she is reportedly getting paid $1 million a year for five years to be his wife...

TStoneMBD
06-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I dont see how you get off calling him a nutjob for this video clip here. His standpoint is certainly weird for someone of his position, but he is simply very opinionated and is motivated for what he believes in. His standpoint is that human life is better off without mind-alterating drugs.

The reporter ignores Tom's beliefs by arguing how these drugs have helped people he has known, yet Tom argues that it may have helped the people temporarily but it masks the problem. He believes that people have what it takes to cure themselves of their illness through something more, and he believes in scientology, which we find absurd but he does not.

Many christians would also believe that mind-altering drugs should be avoided by people and instead they should be pursuing faith in God as He will cure their sickness. Is there any difference between the belief of Tom Cruise and the beliefs of those christians other than their form of religion? None whatsoever.

The only fault that I see in Tom Cruise's standpoint is that he doesn't say that it is the right of Brooke Shields and other people who choose to take these drugs to do so. He should realize that his opinion is just an opinion, despite the fact that he believes his opinion to be factual. As a result, he comes off to be pushy, arrogant, and stubborn, which is often the case for many people who believe in something so blindly that it motivates them to show what they believe to be the truth, to others with no concern for consequence.

Yeti
06-27-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any difference between the belief of Tom Cruise and the beliefs of those christians other than their form of religion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, they're all nutjobs.

BottlesOf
06-27-2005, 04:36 PM
You're being glib!

I agree, he sucks, and Scientology is way up on my [censored] list right now. NO I DONT WANT A FREE STRESS TEST, GO KILL YOURSELF.

jakethebake
06-27-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NO I DONT WANT A FREE STRESS TEST, GO KILL YOURSELF.

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHaHaHa!

BottlesOf
06-27-2005, 04:40 PM
He took a very holier than thou attitude which pisses me off. Oh, he's read "studies." Excuse me, Tom, that clearly makes you an expert.

I'm sure the entire medical establishment, (which Tom probably views as some sort of medical-industrial complex, conspiring with Pharma) must've missed whatever "study" he read.

He also said stupid things like, "Do you know what Adarol is? Ritalin? Ritalin is a street drug." Ok, b/c one group of people abuse a drug/sell it on the street, that doesn't undermine the validity of the entire drug.

MoreWineII
06-27-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any difference between the belief of Tom Cruise and the beliefs of those christians other than their form of religion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, they're all nutjobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree there. A zealot is a zealot.

CollinEstes
06-27-2005, 04:50 PM
We wouldn't think he was such a nut job if he would back up his statements with something other than "I have done the research, you haven't." Well then tell us why don't just expect us to take your word for it because you claim to have done research.

BottlesOf
06-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Bingo.

TStoneMBD
06-27-2005, 05:01 PM
yes youre right about that. thats a pretty big copout on a debate, but you do have to realize that they are strapped for time and while tom could probably argue his entire standpoint, which would be a very enlightening discussion, they just dont have the time for it. as a result, he cant go into his research and so he sums it up by saying he knows more than the other guy.

bisonbison
06-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Do you know what Ambien is? What Vicodin is?

Goddamn scientologists.

CollinEstes
06-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Even if that was the case, why should he assume that his interpretation of medical research should be held in higher esteem than the medical professionals who are experts in that particular field.

The answer is because he percieves being a celebrity makes his opinion more relevant and valuable than say the mother who has a child who has deeply benfited from ADHD medication. I just saying that he comes off as a nut job.

bernie
06-27-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"What do the aliens say when they come to you at night?"

they say dont worry so much about tom cruise, he's just an actor trying to get attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't exactly good attention. Even though, in hollywood even bad news is good news, this is pretty bad.

How soon before he turns up like Margot Kidder?

b

bernie
06-27-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what Ambien is? What Vicodin is?

Goddamn scientologists.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout percoset? (not sure if I spelled that one right)

b

CollinEstes
06-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Matt Lauer should have replied when Tom said "Do you even know what Ridolin is?" he should have said. "No Tom I don't but I don't take Ridolin or have a child that does, if I did or if I was a Medical Professional who perscribes it I would for sure know what it is and I would understand the risks involved with taking such a drug versus the potiental benefit."

bernie
06-27-2005, 05:18 PM
You do realize that many of the phrases and terms he used is standard scientology rehtoric, right? It looks like he memorized the 'scientology on psychology' pamphlet.

[ QUOTE ]
but you do have to realize that they are strapped for time and while tom could probably argue his entire standpoint, which would be a very enlightening discussion, they just dont have the time for it. as a result, he cant go into his research and so he sums it up by saying he knows more than the other guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, nobody with any credibility debates a topic this way witout even alluding to a source. He looked like a brainwashed clone.

b

TStoneMBD
06-27-2005, 05:24 PM
youre right, he does look like a brainwashed clone, but i dont think its our job to judge others for their beliefs. you never know, maybe that xeno guy really did blow up the human race and all current earth humans are being inhabitated with the spirits of the massacre.

you never know.

bernie
06-27-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont see how you get off calling him a nutjob for this video clip here. His standpoint is certainly weird for someone of his position, but he is simply very opinionated and is motivated for what he believes in. His standpoint is that human life is better off without mind-alterating drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

And his standpoint, for many people, is wrong. Medically proven, it's wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
Many christians would also believe that mind-altering drugs should be avoided by people and instead they should be pursuing faith in God as He will cure their sickness. Is there any difference between the belief of Tom Cruise and the beliefs of those christians other than their form of religion?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know my stance on organized religion, right? The catholic church thinks they can cure pedophilia this way.

[ QUOTE ]
As a result, he comes off to be pushy, arrogant, and stubborn

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot brainwashed. Look and listen to how he speaks. He's on another planet.

[ QUOTE ]
which is often the case for many people who believe in something so blindly that it motivates them to show what they believe to be the truth, to others with no concern for consequence

[/ QUOTE ]

Blindly being the key word here.

b

bernie
06-27-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
youre right, he does look like a brainwashed clone, but i dont think its our job to judge others for their beliefs. you never know, maybe that xeno guy really did blow up the human race and all current earth humans are being inhabitated with the spirits of the massacre.

you never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and there may be some celestial body out in space giving birth to souls. (Can't remember which religion is on that asteroid)

I judge those that push those beliefs publicly and forcefully the way Cruise did. If they don't want to be judged, they oughtta shut their yaps. You don't see Travolta pulling this. Yet.

b

CollinEstes
06-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Bernie the religion you are refering is oddly enough Mormionism. Most people accept Mormionism is be christian but the truth is I don't think it is even close.

And to boot it is one of the fastest growing religions in the world

bernie
06-27-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bernie the religion you are refering is oddly enough Mormionism. Most people accept Mormionism is be christian but the truth is I don't think it is even close.

And to boot it is one of the fastest growing religions in the world

[/ QUOTE ]

Also one of the richest and growing very powerful. Which is scary unto itself. Gotta love their undergarments though. All's they need is a $5 and a pair of Nikes. Wait, someone beat them to that.

b

Deftoner
06-27-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Matt Lauer should have replied when Tom said "Do you even know what Ridolin is?" he should have said. "No Tom I don't but I don't take Ridolin or have a child that does, if I did or if I was a Medical Professional who perscribes it I would for sure know what it is and I would understand the risks involved with taking such a drug versus the potiental benefit."

[/ QUOTE ]

He should know that information anyhow if he's going to be on t.v. discussing it....lauer is an ass.

[censored]
06-27-2005, 06:22 PM
The best part of that whole ordeal was watching the horrified look of Matt "all celebrities love me and I love them" laur as he realized that this was not going to be his typical ass kissing suckfest, from Tom Cruise of all people.

blatz
06-27-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but i dont think its our job to judge others for their beliefs. you never know, maybe that xeno guy really did blow up the human race and all current earth humans are being inhabitated with the spirits of the massacre.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree, it may not be my job to judge people for their beliefs, but it's a darn enjoyable hobby. Egomaniac actors who spout quotes from a satan worshipping science fiction writer who belly ached that a earning a penny a word for short stories stunk, and that he needed to start a religon to really cash in, really are ripe for my judgement.

I reserve the right to tell anyone who thinks the tenets of Scientology are anything but funny, and pay a fair amount of their net worth to back it up, that they are deluded fools.

Shoot, I gotta go, late for snake handling night at my church.

Blarg
06-27-2005, 07:42 PM
What? Mormons believe souls are being umm...made...somehow, and out in space on some asteroid or something?

I've heard that Mormonism is very far from Christianity, and also heard that it's just another branch that isn't different from the rest at all. I don't know which is true, though. All I know is Mormons can be scarily repressed (from ones I've known personally) and they have a huge penetration into both the FBI and the IRS.

sexdrugsmoney
06-28-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What? Mormons believe souls are being umm...made...somehow, and out in space on some asteroid or something?

I've heard that Mormonism is very far from Christianity, and also heard that it's just another branch that isn't different from the rest at all. I don't know which is true, though. All I know is Mormons can be scarily repressed (from ones I've known personally) and they have a huge penetration into both the FBI and the IRS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mormonism is very far from Christianity, in fact Joeseph Smith was a freemason before he started Mormonism. (if you look on the special Mormon underwear you'll see masonic symbols)

But anyway, if you want to find out more about Mormonism there is heaps of info out there, one epsiode of South Park was particularly enlightening. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Enough about Mormonism, time to bag Scientology. (j/k)

As for Cruise, I reckon he is going nuts and will soon be forced to be on various psychiatric medication ... but he's a lucky man tapping Katie Holmes ass.

+ He's has Penelope Cruz too ... ai ai ai!

Mark It Zero!
06-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Tom Cruise is a phoney bologna but he does have a point as far as psychiatric medication goes. Really all it is a mask of the problem, but it does allow people to function until they are able to address it on a deeper level. Not everyone is capable of coming to terms with their problems anywho, so better to live doped up and happy than sober and depressed if you ask me. Tom Cruise must think everyone gets laid like he does. This is the same guy that got braces to correct his already perfect smile. Fackin goof... go jump around on Oprah's couch a little more and shut up