PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 NL at the MGM

The_Tracker
06-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Couple of hands here from early this morning.

8 players, solid table image, fairly loose table.
I have $270 or so in front of me and am on the button. As I am looking down at two kings, the BB who is talking alot says something about going all-in in the dark. It is folded around to me, and I limp in for $2 to trap. The SB calls and the BB "does" look at his hand and moves all-in for $36. I immediatly move in and the SB nearly beats me in the pot with a stack of about $120.
I turn up the kings, BB turns up K10 off, and the SB turns up AK. SB spikes an ace on the turn and I lose a huge pot.
So bad luck, or should I have played it diffrently somewhere. SB said he would have moved all in if I had only called the $36.

Later,

A very laggy asain fellow from Cali. is now at the table and has already called a $100 all-in with 46 suited. He is raising every hand to around $12 and is playing most hands. He always raised from the button. Villian raises one off the button to $20. I am the SB and look at AK. He could have anything and probably does. Button folds, and I raise to $50 straight. All fold around to him and he calls. Flop is J 10 7 rainbow. I check(figuring a raise if I bet) and he moves all in and has me covered. I have about $60 left. I go into the tank and finally decide to call. I figure if he has a pair I have 10 outs. I turn my hand up and he shows only a 4 and says "4 high". Then he moves the 4 and says "with a pair of sevens." I didn't catch my card and he busted me. Left scratching my head but will surely return to that game as it is very juicey.

Maulik
06-27-2005, 10:36 AM
First hand is a trap, you've got him dominated you got precisely what action you wanted to occur, welldone.

canis582
06-27-2005, 11:31 AM
First hand was well played.

I would have beat his ass for slow rolling you. But you should have pushed yourself, although since you were short stacked you didnt have much behind. Did you rebuy?

The_Tracker
06-27-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First hand was well played.

I would have beat his ass for slow rolling you. But you should have pushed yourself, although since you were short stacked you didnt have much behind. Did you rebuy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have been thinking about this hand today and I agree I should have pushed on the flop. Put the decision on him to call with a pair of sevens.
He probably would have still made the call, however I would have felt better about that play.

I did not rebuy, it was 5am.