PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with K/Q suited here???

FREDSKINS
01-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Here is the situation,the game is $2$4 hold'em, your in 4th position with K/Q of spades. UTG limps, second position limps, third folds, action is to you. Guess I should add that the first two calls are from very weak players!!
I Raised in this situation for a few reasons, first I wanted 3 way action with me and the early positions, second I wanted to be last to act on every round, third even if they had a better hand than I held they would prolly check to me after the flop. The flop came K,6,3 2nd position called me down all the way with pocket 8's. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif <font color="yellow"> </font color>

mauisupaman
01-29-2003, 11:27 PM
Fredskins,
I raise in this situation with KQs 100% of the time with the intention of trying to isolate the limpers and also to get the button. However, it doesn't seem to work out that way very often as people still call two cold behind you, but I think it is still important to raise when you have the best hand no matter how many people you expect to enter the pot.

What happened and what was the betting action on the other streets?
A hui hou,
Adam

FREDSKINS
01-29-2003, 11:32 PM
Can not remember the cards that fell just that neither the turn or the river were an 8. He called both my bet on the turn and on the river

Dynasty
01-30-2003, 12:54 AM
If nobody has raised in front of me, I raise with KQs in every position regardless of how many players have entered the pot.

Ed Miller
01-30-2003, 02:35 PM
I would raise in this situation basically 100%.

Homer
01-30-2003, 02:37 PM
Raise. Make those with inferior hands pay to see the flop.

-- Homer