PDA

View Full Version : Bump this thread every time the yankees WIN!

lastsamurai
06-27-2005, 05:23 AM
Where are all the yankee fans in the twoplustwo world?
Final
N.Y. Mets 4
N.Y. Yankees 5

BALL GAME OVER.......YANKEES WIN.....TTTTHHHHEEE YANKEES WIN!

Jack of Arcades
06-27-2005, 05:26 AM
Are you blind or just retarted?

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Im getting ready to bump this.

Id like to say thanks to Lee Mazzili, for keeping Cabrera in after 100 pitches who kindly walked the bases loaded. And then put in some AAA guy. Couldnt do it without you buddy. also, good job hustling straight out the box to 2nd on sosas fuckup. got hit home by a 5 foot high cheff rocket. 42 coming in soon, I like my chances here.

tbach24
06-27-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im getting ready to bump this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you've already done it.

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 10:12 PM
you just bumped it. did the yankees win? not yet i dont think so.

tbach24
06-27-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you just bumped it. did the yankees win? not yet i dont think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the Yankees won yesterday. They also won way back on the 21st.

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 10:16 PM
ah, nice of you. whats the score in the boston game?

tbach24
06-27-2005, 10:17 PM
6 right now I think, probably 5.5 after the Yankees game though.

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 10:23 PM
bump

lastsamurai
06-27-2005, 11:10 PM
YANKESS WIN....TTTHEEE YANKEES WIN.

technologic
06-28-2005, 11:42 AM
can i just say that the o's are finally getting to where they belong?

3rd place AL East

lastsamurai
07-03-2005, 04:54 PM
this was for yesterdays win...YANKEES WIN......THHHHHHHHHEEE YANKEES WIN.

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 04:59 PM
*waits for someone to criticize the yankees for only scoring one run*

sublime
07-03-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*waits for someone to criticize the yankees for only scoring one run*

[/ QUOTE ]

only dead would do something so moronic

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 06:15 PM
the al east is fairly close at the moment. nyy, the os and the sox all have a fairly tough week ahead before the AS break, and I don't think it is unlikely that toronto could slip into 4 games back. not that i think the jays are a contender, but we could easily be looking at 4 teams within 4 games of each other and 3 within 3 at the break.

Needle77
07-03-2005, 06:22 PM
I don't even know y Yankee fans are worried about making the playoffs. I can't think of a good starter they can pick up at the moment, but with players like Eric Duncan they will be able to trade for whoever they want. O's will drop and BoSox won't be able to match the move.

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 06:31 PM
well, im a huge yankee fan and I am worried about making the playoffs. i definitely think we will get there, but saying im not worried would be stupid. there are some big obstacles, tom gordon cant pitch every game (for all the knocks ive given him he was awesome the last 2 against the tigers), and the starting rotation is worrying. johnson has not worked out, moose is good but not amazing, wang has worked out better than anyone could ask for, pavano brown and wright have all been bad.

so i would say there are some pretty big holes in the starting rotation and the pen. and every team we do business with will want wang or cano, and they just should not be traded. where would we be without them?

sublime
07-03-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't even know y Yankee fans are worried about making the playoffs. I can't think of a good starter they can pick up at the moment, but with players like Eric Duncan they will be able to trade for whoever they want. O's will drop and BoSox won't be able to match the move.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

i cant quite understand what you wrote, but will intend to decipher it.

news flash:

the NYY are not as good as the red sox! what difference does it make if the yankees make a move the sox cant match (which is an asinine statement considering the sox have much better prospects to work with, but whatever) if the sox already have:

A) a head start
B) a better team

Lets use today's records as an indicator of both teams actual skill level. the NYY are 5 games behind the sox, so in theory the NYY would have to overcome the 5 game lead AND improve on the fact that the sox are a 5 game better team. so you are telling me there is a player on the trade market who equates to 10 wins over half a season? not to mention other factors such as Schillings return and the sox playing the most road games in the AL (also i doubt they stand pat during the deadline)

sureeeeeeeeee

sublime
07-03-2005, 06:40 PM
i definitely think we will get there

HOPE they do. there is nothing wrong with that either.

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lets use today's records as an indicator of both teams actual skill level. the NYY are 5 games behind the sox, so in theory the NYY would have to overcome the 5 game lead AND improve on the fact that the sox are a 5 game better team. so you are telling me there is a player on the trade market who equates to 10 wins over half a season? not to mention other factors such as Schillings return and the sox playing the most road games in the AL (also i doubt they stand pat during the deadline)

[/ QUOTE ]

thinking about wins and records like this is bad. teams that are .550 in the 1st half dont always go .550 in the second half.

sublime
07-03-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thinking about wins and records like this is bad. teams that are .550 in the 1st half dont always go .550 in the second half.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i know it means little and is unreliable, but its the best way to measure how good the team is. I'm sure there are other methods that can be employed that will show truer strengths of the team, but i'm not jack and this is the best i can do.

my point was simple, the yankees are not as good as the red sox and trail them by five games, thru 49% of the season.

Jack of Arcades
07-03-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They still have to overcome either:

5 games and 2 teams, or
4.5 games and a shitload of teams

to make the playoffs.

sublime
07-03-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 games and 2 teams, or

to make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

jack, what factors can you use to determins a 'truer' stenght of team? maybe like adjust a won loss record for average variance of a team with that win %?

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 06:58 PM
honestly, i am not worried about how far we are behind. when we were 6 behind i thought "we really cannot let this get to 7 or 8, that would be the bad news grizzly bear" but if we go into the AS break 5 or less back i will not be worried.

what I am worried about:

-gordon can't pitch everyday (though i give him props for the 3 big shut out innings in the last two games), and right now we dont have anyone else.

-our rotation is sketchy. johnson moose wang... pavanos gone for now and not very good, then who? if we take sturtze and put him in then we lose it from the lineup, borrowing peter for paul etc.

thats what im worried about.

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 07:02 PM
is it now common knowledge that 5 games is an insurrmountable lead with 88 games to go? i just checked my files, but i still can't find that memo.

Uston
07-03-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 games and 2 teams, or

to make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

jack, what factors can you use to determins a 'truer' stenght of team? maybe like adjust a won loss record for average variance of a team with that win %?

[/ QUOTE ]

This. (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=342) Don't worry, though. It also illustrates that Boston is a better team than NY.

sublime
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

5 games and 2 teams, or

to make the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This. (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=342) Don't worry, though. It also illustrates that Boston is a better team than NY.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHEW!

thanks man

sublime
07-03-2005, 07:29 PM
so what is the most simple formula to derive expect w/l records? most of that seems confusing to me (limited math abilities)

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 07:41 PM
well, its not that simple.

1st, right now the sox are performing over their pythag projected record and the yanks are performing under theirs.

team- real win pct- pythag win pct
sox- .575 .555
yanks- .513 .527

Uston
07-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Runs scored squared divided by runs scored squared plus runs allowed squared.

For Boston, who has scored 444 and 397, their winning percentage, based on this formula, should be .556 instead of .575.

The Yankees should have a winning percentage of .528 instead of their current .513.

These pythagorean projections are supposedly better indicators of future wins and losses than a team's current record.

Uston
07-03-2005, 07:47 PM
But, if both teams play to their projected winning percentages from now until the end of the season, Boston wins about eight more games than than NY.

Voltron87
07-03-2005, 07:51 PM
true, though what i was doing was correcting a misleading statement by someone (i forget who).

someone mentioned pythag records to sublime and told him it would be reassuring since right now nyy trails the sox in that category. i was pointing out that that is misleading, since pythagorean records suggest the gap is smaller than the real records would suggest.

Aytumious
07-03-2005, 08:21 PM
ESPN.com shows the pythag expected results based on RS and RA on their standings page. It's quite interesting to look at, especially for a team like the Nats or Diamondbacks. Go here (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings?type=exp&br=3&year=2005&column=gamesBehi nd&order=false&st=2) and look at the "ExWL column. If you want to check it out in the future just click the "expanded" link on the standings page.

Jack of Arcades
07-04-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is it now common knowledge that 5 games is an insurrmountable lead with 88 games to go? i just checked my files, but i still can't find that memo.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Insurmountable"? No, I'm a Braves fan, and I know it's not (1993, baby!). It is, howeever, unlikely.

Jack of Arcades
07-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Prospectus has a few stats...

Firstly, there's Pythagorean/Pythagenport record. This is what Uston linked to. This is what BP calls "first order wins."

Secondly, you can take it further. You can figure out a Pythag based on batting and pitching stats, which eliminates variance of such things as "timely hitting" (IE, a team batting better with RISP than overall; this rarely lasts). This is called "second order wins."

Finally, you adjust for competition. This is "third order wins."

You can find them here (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/standings.php). BPro has the Sox as 3 wins better than the Yanks so far.

Voltron87
07-04-2005, 02:09 PM
melvin mora is so bush league. cant believe they got away with that.

Aytumious
07-04-2005, 04:02 PM
That's a great link. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voltron87
07-04-2005, 05:00 PM
YES

TIE GAME MOTHERFUCKERS

Voltron87
07-04-2005, 05:02 PM
10-8

Voltron87
07-04-2005, 05:07 PM
11-8, bases loaded, one out.

Voltron87
07-04-2005, 05:11 PM
giambi HBP, 12-8

WHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Voltron87
07-04-2005, 05:13 PM
another run. 13-8

Ok, the Os are done for the year. They suck. Did they actually think they could win this game?

klagett
07-04-2005, 05:16 PM
haha @ crosby...

I haven't seen that [censored] since little league

sublime
07-04-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
another run. 13-8

Ok, the Os are done for the year. They suck. Did they actually think they could win this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

who are you arguing with here? lol, you have some serious anger issues with the oreos.

Voltron87
07-04-2005, 10:46 PM
haha, this game got me AMPED

Not to anyone in particular. I am enjoying watching the O's go down though. A month ago it seemed like there were 500,000 O's fans everywhere I looked, now they're gone.

DougOzzzz
07-05-2005, 02:10 AM
by the way, if anyone noticed, the Sox have played better than anyone else in baseball so far according to BP's 3rd order wins. When the standings update later this morning, Cleveland should overtake them though.

IndieMatty
07-05-2005, 08:47 PM
bizzzzerump

lastsamurai
07-05-2005, 11:10 PM
thhhhhhhhhhhhe yankees win

lastsamurai
07-11-2005, 01:44 AM
BUMP!

sublime
07-11-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
by the way, if anyone noticed, the Sox have played better than anyone else in baseball so far according to BP's 3rd order wins. When the standings update later this morning, Cleveland should overtake them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

back to the most, .1 over CLE.

do you think this is mostly due to them being on the road a high % of the time? that matters when calculating that number, right?

lastsamurai
07-14-2005, 11:14 PM
YANKEES WIN THHHHEEE YANKEES WIN!

Dead
07-14-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
YANKEES WIN THHHHEEE YANKEES WIN!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job.

lastsamurai
07-18-2005, 06:45 AM
LETS GO YANKEES!

DougOzzzz
07-18-2005, 06:54 AM
I don't mind you celebrating a Yankees win... heck, if the Sox won 3 out of 4 I would be pretty happy right now. But seriously, if you can reply to any post by Dead without saying "you're an idiot" or something similar, you've got problems.

lastsamurai
07-19-2005, 01:36 AM
WHO'S IN FIRST PLACE?

YANKEES WIN....THE YANKEES WIN!

Voltron87
07-19-2005, 11:09 AM
im going to start bumping this for the yankees encore show on yes. bump

lastsamurai
07-25-2005, 04:50 AM
finally....BUMP!

pokerdirty
07-30-2005, 05:13 PM
what a comeback today against the angels!!!

alan embree needs to shed the pinstripes though.

07-30-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what a comeback today against the angels!!!

alan embree needs to shed the pinstripes though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Embree was fine. That was a bloop hit and a tiny error. Felix Rodriguez started it off with that awful walk and Gordon did not help.

I give credit to the Yanks on this one. That was an incredible comeback. 5 runs with 5 outs left is amazing.

technologic
07-30-2005, 05:22 PM
it's about time k-rod's run against the yankees was over.

Voltron87
07-30-2005, 05:45 PM
man that was awesome

technologic
07-31-2005, 05:36 PM
how often do you see a game where womack saves the day?

Voltron87
07-31-2005, 05:43 PM
man that was awesome

i typed that, and it said I couldnt post it because it already exists. Because we came back from 4 runs in the 8th yesterday too.

the giambino with two more home runs today, holy crap!

pokerdirty
07-31-2005, 08:21 PM
gotta love these come from behind wins

not good for my heart though....

mostsmooth
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
anybody have any idea why they didnt walk vlad with one out and the go ahead run on third in the 10th? i understand its rivera on the hill, but still, if youre counting on him to basically strike vlad out, why not go after the next batter and give yourself a shot at ending the inning with one batter?

lastsamurai
08-01-2005, 02:30 AM
Great game...the ANAHEIM angels just CHOKED! Yankees win...THE yankees win!

technologic
08-01-2005, 02:38 AM
i don't think rivera would intentional walk bonds in that situation.

technologic
08-05-2005, 10:53 PM
RIVERA PWNS YEA EAT THAT SUBLIME BEEOTCH

heh. sorry.

lastsamurai
08-16-2005, 02:57 AM
who said jaret wright was washed up....YANKEES WIN...THE YANKEES WIN!

craig r
08-16-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who said jaret wright was washed up....YANKEES WIN...THE YANKEES WIN!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amd you want to work with me on sports betting stuff. We are officially breaking that relationship off. But,we can still be friends /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

craig

Voltron87
08-19-2005, 11:04 PM
john garland pitched pretty well. 7 IP 2 ER.

but mike mussina pwned.

http://images.allposters.com/images/photofile/aacw016.jpg

08-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Mike Mussina and pwned don't belong in the same sentence. What's his ERA this year, 4? More hits than innings pitched?

Voltron87
08-19-2005, 11:06 PM
jesus youre such a patheric hater

08-19-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sox don't even have a good lineup. When he does this against a good hitting team like Boston maybe I will give him some credit.

JayLear
08-19-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

but mike mussina pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

How gay is this?

JayLear
08-19-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sox don't even have a good lineup. When he does this against a good hitting team like Boston maybe I will give him some credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know nothing.

Voltron87
08-19-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but mike mussina pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

How gay is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

i searched through 7 pages of google image for this. i think its a gem.

JayLear
08-19-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but mike mussina pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]

How gay is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

i searched through 7 pages of google image for this. i think its a gem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have checked another 7. He looks like he's ready for a reach-around.

My White Sox need to get it in gear.

andyfox
08-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Oakland gets KC this weekend and then the Red Sox do. The Yankees will need to win 2 of 3 from Chicago and 3 of 4 from Toronto to stay close. The two late inning blows against Tampa Bay hurt. And yet . . . and yet . . . for some reason, I'm starting to feel a bit more confident in their chances. No objective reason to feel that way, but nevertheless, it's there.

Rivera threw 15 pitches tonight and nobody swung and missed. FWIW.

Last four games agaisnt Chicago: 3-2, 2-1, 2-1, 3-1. What year is this?

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Rivera threw 15 pitches tonight and nobody swung and missed. FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

andy, this is ridiculous

the two losses against tb hurt bad. youre right there.

but we just beat the best team in the AL with one of their best pitchers on the mound. on the road. yay!

andyfox
08-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Maybe it's how competitive they've been with Chicago that's improved my confidence. And they have won six of eight.

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 12:47 AM
i actually didnt see the game tonight.

what do you think of bernie batting 2nd? i like it.

08-20-2005, 12:56 AM
It's better than Cano because's Bernie's OBP is almost 34%. Cano's is barely above 30%. Having a 30% OBP batting #2 is just stupid. A better lineup would have Giambi batting second and Bernie 6th, with Cano 9th, but this is better than what they had before.

You want your high OBP guys at the top of the lineup to be driven in by the power guys in the middle.

Voltron87
08-20-2005, 01:02 AM
thanks captain observo.

technologic
08-20-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A better lineup would have Giambi batting second and Bernie 6th, with Cano 9th, but this is better than what they had before.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. people will pitch around arod/hideki to get to bernie instead of the juggernaut giambi has been. plus giambi is slow.

technologic
08-20-2005, 01:41 PM
uh did you forget what happened ALCS game 1?

technologic
08-20-2005, 06:41 PM
SHAWN CHACON THE NEW ACE

lastsamurai
08-24-2005, 02:06 AM
50 MORE DAYS...UNTIL THE NEW YORK YANKEES...TAKE THEIR REVENGE...ON THE BOSTON REDSOX...AND THE ENTIRE WORLD...

YANKEES WIN...TTTHHHEEE YANKEES WIN.

andyfox
08-24-2005, 01:13 PM
Giambi's not swinging the bat so well just now, and he's slower than molasses. I don't mind Bernie batting second.

lastsamurai
08-27-2005, 09:45 PM
great game today...2 GB.....YANKEES WIN...THE YANKEES WIN!

lastsamurai
09-12-2005, 06:12 AM
Great outing for the unit.

Yankees win ...the yankees WIN

pokerdirty
09-14-2005, 10:50 PM
J Lugo caught stealing second, catcher to shortstop.
End of game.

bump!

Voltron87
09-14-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
J Lugo caught stealing second, catcher to shortstop.
End of game.

bump!

[/ QUOTE ]

pitchout, i love it

Voltron87
09-14-2005, 10:53 PM
and the yankees get their first series win agains the drays this year, whoot now scoot?

09-15-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and the yankees get their first series win agains the drays this year, whoot now scoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, I guess. Still the best you can do against us is 8-11 for the year, even with a win tomorrow. That's pretty pathetic considering you were 15-4 against us last year.

But, hey, I have 20 bucks on the Yanks making the postseason, and TB is way out of it anyway, so I can't complain. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SoftcoreRevolt
09-15-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, I guess. Still the best you can do against us is 8-11 for the year, even with a win tomorrow. That's pretty pathetic considering you were 15-4 against us last year.

But, hey, I have 20 bucks on the Yanks making the postseason, and TB is way out of it anyway, so I can't complain. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you guys go undefeated after Thursday, and Boston is destroyed in a nuclear blast during the YANX SAWX series, you'll have a shot.

technologic
09-15-2005, 09:39 AM
uh what?

cdxx
09-15-2005, 10:42 PM
BUMP!

cdxx
09-20-2005, 01:26 AM
BUMP, chalk up another one.

cdxx
09-21-2005, 02:04 AM
BAL 9
NYY 12

cdxx
09-21-2005, 10:24 PM
BAL 1
NYY 2

yankees take the lead in the division!!!

lastsamurai
09-22-2005, 04:33 AM
can anybody say....FIRST PLACE! Yankees win....THE YANKEES WIN!

SoftcoreRevolt
09-22-2005, 02:52 PM
They just better win tonight, I don't wanna be sharing no lead.

Voltron87
09-22-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn straight.

pokerdirty
09-22-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

moose vs. chen

if the yanks can get past the 1st 2 innings without giving up 3 runs, it's in the bag.

Macdaddy Warsaw
09-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Anybody going to be at this game? I'll be in the bleachers.

pokerdirty
09-22-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody going to be at this game? I'll be in the bleachers.

[/ QUOTE ]

center field? or with the creatures?

"BOX SEATS SUCK!"

technologic
09-23-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shemp
09-27-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey buddy. We really were hoping for a solid two innings out of you. Maybe next time.

Voltron87
09-27-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey buddy. We really were hoping for a solid two innings out of you. Maybe next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, when i saw someone bumped this and put the moose picture up, my first thoughts were "wtf shut up yankee hater" but that was definitely well done and got a chuckle. nice.

andyfox
09-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Ugly, ugly game tonight.

We need something positive to think about. OK: Derek Jeter has been on base 19 of his last 30 plate appearances.

Now if he could only pitch out of the pen . . .

kyro
09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, when i saw someone bumped this and put the moose picture up, my first thoughts were "wtf shut up yankee hater" but that was definitely well done and got a chuckle. nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. but part of it was the pink background and the goofy smile.

lastsamurai
09-28-2005, 10:25 PM
...YANKEES WIN THE YANKEES WIN!

andyfox
09-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Chacon, Gordon, Rivera, A-Rod, Jeter. That's the season in a nutshell.

Good night tonight with Boston and Cleveland losing.

Huskiez
09-29-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting about the leader of this team. I ain't going to say who it is, but I know who it is. The one who the team feeds off. The one who the opposing team comes in knowing who they have to defend to stop the Yankees. I know this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

technologic
09-29-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting about the leader of this team. I ain't going to say who it is, but I know who it is. The one who the team feeds off. The one who the opposing team comes in knowing who they have to defend to stop the Yankees. I know this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

he's kind of really impt in the past two years...though who knows if vladamir would've been better...

technologic
10-01-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess he can get some rest before showing the true power of his k-curve

Voltron87
10-01-2005, 07:05 PM
i didnt see the game, so i have no commentary. i really want to catch a rerun, but i dunno if i'll get to. there will be bigger games anyway. i'm also too busy calling up my sox fan friends and talking trash.

i also didnt know that a win would clinch it if cleveland lost. i knew that the yankees were winning the season series but since everyone was talking about the possible playoff game i thought for some reason they weren't going by it. i dont really understand why if the yankees, bosox and indians were tied why the yankees would win the east because of the season series, and then the bosox play the indians. but i havent thought about it much.

lastsamurai
10-02-2005, 12:55 AM
Who has the best line right now for yankees to win the AL?

lastsamurai
10-03-2005, 04:14 AM
27 more days...until the NEW YORK YANKEES take their revenge on the BOSTON REDSOX and the ENTIRE WORLD!

craig r
10-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Or they might just win the world series.

craig

technologic
10-03-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Or they might just win the world series.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

way to poop on someone's parade

craig r
10-03-2005, 04:51 AM
I just found it funny that he said "revenge on the world". As if the whole world cares. And I highly doubt that Torre and co. look at it like revenge on the Red Sox. Who knows, maybe CHI and ANA will get "revenge" on Bos and NYY.

craig

edit: Also, Last Samurai knows I am kidding.

cdxx
10-04-2005, 12:32 AM
13 more bumps til the promised land

technologic
10-04-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
13 more bumps til the promised land

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...don't you mean 11?

lastsamurai
10-04-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I just found it funny that he said "revenge on the world". As if the whole world cares. And I highly doubt that Torre and co. look at it like revenge on the Red Sox. Who knows, maybe CHI and ANA will get "revenge" on Bos and NYY.

craig

edit: Also, Last Samurai knows I am kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a quote from a sports talk radio show a few years ago who use to do a count down when the knicks were going to win the NBA championship...

Anyways...GO YANKEES! I'M trying to get tickets to game 2.

cdxx
10-04-2005, 02:22 AM
it would be better if i meant 11, but in fact i counted wrong. thanks.

lastsamurai
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Thank god for shields! YANKEES WIN TTTTHHHHEEE YANKEES WIN!

technologic
10-10-2005, 07:53 AM

watching mussina pwn.