PDA

View Full Version : the movie amelie

Ray Zee
01-29-2003, 08:50 PM
watched it-- french movie subtitles-- very very good. but i wont admit it as the sissy wimps that like that kinda stuff might get the wrong impression about me. i will definetly see it again at least twice. one of those slow movies tat you cant turn off as it keeps you looking for more.on a scale of 6 to 23 i rate it 19.

Boris
01-29-2003, 08:55 PM
disgusting. please go shoot something and restore your manhood.

Baltimore Ron
01-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Ray,

I saw this movie when it first hit theaters here in B-more. It made for a nice date-night with the wife (and with the kids at home /forums/images/icons/cool.gif .)

If even a busted clock is right twice a day and even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, I guess even the french can make a good movie once every generation or so.

I feel so dirty now. I'm going home to pick up the Glock and the SKS and go to the range. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

BR

HDPM
01-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Those high powered killing machines are still legal in MD? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Baltimore Ron
01-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Certainly. The Glock is a nice little compact number in .40S&W with pre-ban 13-round mags and the SKS is an new-out-of-the-box model imported from China before their importation was banned. 'Course, I did have to acquire these fine pieces a long, long time ago (well, I think it was around '90 or '91). They make nice additions to the 12-guage and the .30-06 that I acquired in high school. And you know that was a long time ago - imagine, a high school kid actually buying guns. It's a wonder I turned out normal. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

BR

John Feeney
01-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Amelie, yes, it's very good. It creates a wonderful atmosphere. The soundtrack (http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=MUSIC&pid=2225127&cart=13625 8246) is nice too.

Of course, it's a movie you want to see as part of a double feature with, say, The Outlaw Josie Whales. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

New favorite TV show for Ray and the boys: Monster Garage on Discovery Channel. Check it out, men.

andyfox
01-30-2003, 04:41 PM
They're guns. Didn't understand your original post. I thought a glock was a muscial instrument and when you said you were taking the SKS to the range, I thought it was a new type of golf club.

Phat Mack
01-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Atta Boy, Zee! Broadening your horizons. You might want to check out some more of these guys' work...

Delicatessen, one of the funniest movies ever made
City of lost children, weird and entertaining
Diva, an earlier work. The gangsters may even carry guns.

All in French with sub-titles!

And, if you just can't stand it, Alien Resurection.

John Cole will be by soon with more recommendations...

Baltimore Ron
01-30-2003, 06:02 PM
Andy, you're right. I meant to say that I was taking my .40S&W Glockenspiel to the shooting range. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

BR

HDPM
01-30-2003, 06:35 PM
We can fix this Andy. Come to Idaho and we'll get some whisky and send a bunch of lead downrange at cans and old refrigerators and stuff. Up here ATF is a convenience store. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

John Cole
01-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Phat,

Great scene in Diva: villians chase the kid on the motorbike, and no matter how fast he rides, he can't elude them. When he falls off the bike, he gets away easily. Huh?

John

Ray Zee
01-30-2003, 08:14 PM
yes john, monster garage has some good stuff on it. btw i am taking a welding class this month to improve my horizons.

scalf
01-30-2003, 09:01 PM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif john ...poetic licensce...lol..opium..the religion of the populance..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Ray Zee
01-30-2003, 09:47 PM
pretty sad. i put up a post about an artsy movie and you guys turn it into a gun thread shame on you.

but back to guns. i carry often my glock 19 with 18 rounds in the magazine and one more in the chamber. with another clip i got 37 shots cause i might miss on the first 36. just kidding. the glock is the best self defense weapon ever made imo.

John Feeney
01-31-2003, 12:59 AM
I should have included a link to Jesse's site (http://www.westcoastchoppers.com/)

Now that's man's man's site.

And how about a link to the show (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/monstergarage/monstergarage.html). No sissies watch that stuff, man.

Now, has anyone seen the gruyere cheese? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif