PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 weak-tight

kapw7
06-27-2005, 04:03 AM
I haven't played a lot of 2/4 full but at least at Party I found a lot of weak tight players that you can steal from them all the time.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

CO is the type with 15/6 stats. I guess he tries to isolate here.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Nick C
06-27-2005, 04:22 AM
Well, you probably would have pushed me off of A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif too.

But maybe you wouldn't have if I had begun to get some sort of read and was starting to get suspicious.

The third spade helped you in this case, I think (or maybe he had, say, TT), but he's going to have a hand he'll at least call you with a lot of the time.

But if you find yourself at a table where you can buy pots with some regularity, then, by all means, keep doing it. You're not going to get paid off that well when you actually have a hand, so you need to make up for that somehow.

thesharpie
06-27-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 15/6 is more likely to have a premium holding here than be isolating.

I don't think this play is worth it unless you have a great read, and it doesn't sound like you do as you think he's isolating you with not a top notch hand, or maybe I took that the wrong way.

You're basically risking 2BB to win almost 5BB as he's almost always calling the flop. If you plan on firing again on the river you're putting up 3BB to win slightly less than 6BB.

Just not worth it in my opinion.

kapw7
06-27-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A 15/6 is more likely to have a premium holding here than be isolating.

I don't think this play is worth it unless you have a great read, and it doesn't sound like you do as you think he's isolating you with not a top notch hand, or maybe I took that the wrong way.

You're basically risking 2BB to win almost 5BB as he's almost always calling the flop. If you plan on firing again on the river you're putting up 3BB to win slightly less than 6BB.

Just not worth it in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, that was an experimental play. I normally check fold this flop as there is little chance I am ahead.

So reads are essential here. I can get slaughtered playing like that against a less weak opponent. A bit more info: I've seen the guy folding every single time against a 87/11 maniac betting the turn. So if the maniac can steal why not me. I have been stealing blinds from him almost everytime so it is possible to break his PF system and fight back. I feel that I can steal the pot on the turn if he has AK/AQ or even TT especially when the scary card falls.

It's not a play I do everytime. I was thinking that apart from the chance of stealing the pot, this agressive play will make him think twice about "defending" in the future and when he does I will be sure that he holds a very strong hand. If the hand goes to showdown (I am not investing anymore monet BTW) and my "idiotic" play is revealled I can at least expect ppl to call more my good hands altough I lose a lot of my stealing potential. But you can't steal all the time.