PDA

View Full Version : slowing down on 6th...

djr
06-27-2005, 01:16 AM
...but when I grab one of his queens on 7th should I raise?

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

5th Street - (2.85 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

6th Street - (6.85 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River - (8.85 BB)

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets

Total pot: (10.85 BB)

when he paired his door card I immediately thought trips. But if that's what he had he should have bet it stronger on 3rd. On the river I figured him for queens up, but he could also have been going for a flush or straight so I thought calling was warranted...thoughts?

peritonlogon
06-27-2005, 03:33 AM
gutsy(?) 3rd st call under the gun.

You don't have to be right that often to make the river call.

Was it kings full? He's bet into what looks like a flush (though one that, if it was a flush shouldn't have called 3rd.)

bigredlemon
06-27-2005, 03:39 AM
with the ante so small, not only would I fold 3rd, i'd fold it 5 times, just to make sure it hit the muck in the middle. I'd continue to fold 4th should my card not land exactly in the much. After that i'd do what you would do. River is a crying call since he's representing a hand that can beat your supposed flush.

beta1607
06-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Fold 3rd and raise 6th. He knows you probably dont have a flush since there are so many dead /images/graemlins/heart.gif and so when you raise 5th it seems like a semi-bluff/free card play which is why he lead into you on 6th.

If you raise 6th and are called then bet/call the river. If you don't raise 6th you have to raise 7th and call a 3-bet