PDA

View Full Version : Complete with T3o?

betgo
06-27-2005, 01:02 AM
$100 live tournament. 25 of 109 players left. Blinds 800/1600/200. I have about T10K before posting SB, less than half of average. 3rd position limps. Should I complete SB or fold?

durron597
06-27-2005, 01:15 AM
It entirely depends on the passivity (read: willingness to fold) of my opponents.

billyjex
06-27-2005, 01:46 AM
i muck. T3 is garbage and not worth my 800 chips, even if you think you can win the pot on the flop by betting any flop. I would rather hold my chips for another time.

aucubbie
06-27-2005, 01:50 AM
fold for a better hand and now that you are done with the blinds you have a whole round to push on your terms

betgo
06-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Good, I'm glad I played it right. I folded. The flop came T43. The BB bet the flop and turn and won the pot. I don't know if he connected or just was bluffing the low flop. I figure I would have won a fairly big pot. The turn was a 4, so maybe he had a 4 and I would have busted out.

I was getting 7-1 pot odds to complete with the limper and the big antes. I realize it was almost 100-1 against getting a flop with more than one T or 3. I suppose I would also bet a ten high flop.

Two hands later I pushed from the CO for 8700 with QJo, got called by the SB with A5o and lost. I busted out 23rd. It took like 40, minutes more to get down to 18, because 18th got $20 more than his money back and most small stacks were folding into the money rather than looking for a place to push. Oh well.

kyro
06-27-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Good, I'm glad I played it right. I folded. The flop came T43. The BB bet the flop and turn and won the pot. I don't know if he connected or just was bluffing the low flop. I figure I would have won a fairly big pot. The turn was a 4, so maybe he had a 4 and I would have busted out.

I was getting 7-1 pot odds to complete with the limper and the big antes. I realize it was almost 100-1 against getting a flop with more than one T or 3. I suppose I would also bet a ten high flop.

Two hands later I pushed from the CO for 8700 with QJo, got called by the SB with A5o and lost. I busted out 23rd. It took like 40, minutes more to get down to 18, because 18th got $20 more than his money back and most small stacks were folding into the money rather than looking for a place to push. Oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

All these posts and you ask a question based entirely on being results oriented?

durron597
06-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Hang on a second. If these guys really were willing to fold into the money, then this is an obvious CALL. Your cards don't matter. You were dealt two of them, right?

This is your chance to start picking up those random pots that no one wants, you should definitely play this hand if your opponents were there to fold.

betgo
06-27-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hang on a second. If these guys really were willing to fold into the money, then this is an obvious CALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of other short stacks were trying to fold into the money. The limper and the BB weren't short stacks.

In response to the other poster, it was kind of result-oriented. Obviously, when I saw that flop I wasn't happy. However, it made me wonder if I should have been calling with junk cards with those pot odds and only one opponent likely to have any kind of hand.

kuro
06-27-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I would also bet a ten high flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you complete with T3o here, you aren't playing it to bet when you connect with the flop because you are far worse than 7 to 1 to get a flop that allows you to continue. You are playing it because you think the bb and initial limper will fold when you exercise first right to bluff and bet out on a non-ace high flop. If villains are big stacked and/or unlikely to fold then it's a clear muck.

Stickleback
06-27-2005, 09:33 AM
If the limper has limped and folded to a raise previously and has approx the same to twice the number of chips as me, I might push here. Otherwise I fold.

Steve

durron597
06-27-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If villains are big stacked and/or unlikely to fold then it's a clear muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. That's why I said it depends on the passivity of my opponents to begin with.

bruce
06-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Assuming I am not shortstacked I will complete with any two cards. My implied odds are huge if I flop big.

Bruce