PDA

View Full Version : BB Plays

MHoydilla
01-29-2003, 12:56 PM
Yesteurday 2-0, brings the season total to a sizzling 7-11 (lol). Tonights card appears to have alot of value so that means alot of plays.
First play Portland +5 @Utah. Utah is coming off a come from behind victory last night at Sac. in which they shot 60+% after there coach Jerry Sloan was ejected and out rebounded Sac by 12, even with the hot shooting and rebounds the game got to within 7 with approx. 3 mins. left and Utah worked hard for the win. Portland last night played the lowly Nuggets and once again played down to there oppenents this will not be the case tonight as the win last night by Utah squarely puts a bullseye on there back. Portland is much deeper than Utah and has not shown trouble in the 2nd of back/back games like Utah has I think Portland has a legit chance to win this game outright. So Ill take Portland and the points.
Play 2 West Virginia + 15.5 @ Norte Dame. Nortedame is a very good team indeed but their three big wins in a row earlier in the season still lingers on most betters minds pusing their spreads up giving value to go againest. West Virginia's record this year is so so but rarely have they been blown out and they usually show up willing to play hard down to last second. I believe this line is just to high and at +15.5 W.V. just offers good value. Good Luck to all........and Ill be back with 1-2 plays before game time.

Homer
01-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the picks and keep at it, you're definitely in the middle of a nice turnaround now!

-- Homer

Smackdab
01-29-2003, 01:23 PM
Still with ya Hoy. Like the W Virginia pick. GL.

MHoydilla
01-29-2003, 06:55 PM
One more play:
Michagan + 13 @ Illionios. Michagan started the season 0-6 but have won 13 straight winning by using a tough D' and grit on both sides of the ball. Mich. would surly be ranked if they didnt have their self imposed ban from postseason play, because of this the public hasnt got behind them all season leaving them undervalued. Ill. is a good team but not as good as they were projected to be earlier in the season which I believe have left them over valued. They are coming off one of the biggest wins of the season over Purdue. Purdue looked horrid in that game and still not a total domination by Ill. look for Mich to keep this game close as Tommy Ammachker (spelling?) has these guys playing like theres no tommorrow, because there isnt. Take the points Mich + 13.

scalf
01-29-2003, 08:20 PM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif hoy...i like your search for hidden value....noy playing mich tho...did see it at +14 at sportscom...gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Porcupine
01-29-2003, 08:41 PM
Sorry to chime in late - pesky job interfering with gambling /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

I took WVa +15.5 myself. Like you said, ND is very good, but they have definitely cooled off the last month (2-6 ATS), with WVa having been a good value pretty much all season. My other play today is an under appreciated Syracuse -3 at Rutgers.

Good luck!

scalf
01-30-2003, 08:08 AM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif gr8 call on mich....you have gr8 handicapping ides...concentrate on making good decisions, search for value...the record will take care of itself...gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

scalf
01-30-2003, 07:38 PM
/forums/images/icons/frown.gif i had cuse -3 also...lol...cry..gl /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

Porcupine
01-31-2003, 03:20 PM
Tough one for us. Have to hate Rutgers banking in a 3 with about 25 seconds left /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Good luck!