PDA

View Full Version : ugly AJo hand

roy_miami
06-26-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi all,

Online 15/30, 10 handed

Semi loose average agg, tight passive and tight aggressive limp to me in the hijack with AJo, I call, CO and button folds, SB completes, TAG in BB raises, all call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gif 82 rainbow

TAG bets, Tight passive calls, I call and SB calls, rest fold

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif putting 2 clubs on the board.

Checked to me and I bet, SB folds, TAG check-raises, TightPassive folds, I call the turn and call the river.

This may be one of those hands where I misplayed every street. Or maybe its fine, hence the post.

jayheaps
06-26-2005, 10:55 PM
depending on the table, i'd consider raising preflop to play the hand in position, take contorl of the hand and hopefully knock everything behind you out.

On the flop you have to raise. no question about it.

Given how you played the hand, I think you have to call down the check raise and rive rbet. The only hands that hsould really worry you are 88 or A8. I would only consider folding if this is from a player who never bluffs.

Nightwish
06-27-2005, 12:21 AM
I would raise preflop.

On the turn, the TAG's check-raise stinks to high heaven. Would he really risk having it checked through with AK? The board is not super draw-heavy, so he might, but I'm reading his check-raise more as a desperate attempt to get someone to fold a weak A than as something big. I would call down.

roy_miami
06-27-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, the TAG's check-raise stinks to high heaven. Would he really risk having it checked through with AK? The board is not super draw-heavy, so he might, but I'm reading his check-raise more as a desperate attempt to get someone to fold a weak A than as something big. I would call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thinking and why I called down. I figured its got to be AA and I'm crushed or KK or QQ and he's tilting.

What about the flop? I think I should have raised here. I think the reason I just called is I've gotten too used to playing in 2 or 3 way pots. I didn't even really question the flop call until I read jayheaps reply which said I must raise that flop. I agree with him in retrospect.

Nightwish
06-27-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What about the flop? I think I should have raised here. I think the reason I just called is I've gotten too used to playing in 2 or 3 way pots. I didn't even really question the flop call until I read jayheaps reply which said I must raise that flop. I agree with him in retrospect.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you "must" raise the flop, especially if you think this would get the TAG to check-fold his JJ or something similar on the turn.