PDA

View Full Version : An odd couple weeks for Tom Cruise

Daliman
06-26-2005, 10:17 PM
First the relationship with Katie Holmes comes to light, then his over-the-top infatuation with her, then the rumors that girls were, "auditioning" to be his girlfriend, then his odd interview with matt lauer, and now this. (http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2673927?showw=no&refsite=6761&htv=12)
I'm actually pretty impressed with how he handled it. I bet the guy who pulled the prank felt about 2 inches tall afterwards,( and thus 3 inches shorter than Tom...)

Blarg
06-26-2005, 10:24 PM
"Auditioning" to be his girlfriend?

What's that about? I have to admit, that kind of rumor does suit him to a "T".

jakethebake
06-26-2005, 10:26 PM
is this the squirt mic again? we had a whole long thread about this the other day.

Daliman
06-26-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Auditioning" to be his girlfriend?

What's that about? I have to admit, that kind of rumor does suit him to a "T".

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumors, mainly, but here's a link (http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/0620scarlett.html) that discusses it a bit.

Along these same lines, when I first started dating my wife, she said one of her friends who spent some time as an actor(and more time being gay),told her Tom IS gay, and his marriage to Nicole Kidman was a sham, set up by his management company,(IMG?), and that she was paid around 7 million up front, and 5 million per year to be married to him, and she had to stay married to him for a minimum of 5 years, but past that was up to her. Sounded like BS to me,(yeah, some low-level gay actor just gets this info...), but I tell ya what, nowadays, I'd put the odds in favor of there being more truth to this than fiction. Either way, i really like Tom Cruise, unknowingly gayish screen name or not(his real name is Tom Mapother)

Daliman
06-26-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is this the squirt mic again? we had a whole long thread about this the other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

My fault. Missed that.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

I SAID MOVE ALONG!

Blarg
06-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Heheh yeah it does have the trademark creepiness of Scientology.

No idea what Johansson was thinking -- what sort of good could come out of it. I guess it's not hard to be wowed by someone as firmly at the top of life's food chain as Cruise, though, especially when you're still a young girl.

TStoneMBD
06-26-2005, 10:51 PM
so youre saying that the katie holmes marriage is also a sham of course correct? i have recently thought to myself that tom cruise is going to look like a total idiot if his marriage with her doesnt last at least 10 years. (the till death due us part vows dont actually count for actors the way they do for normal people. after 10 years the vows are fulfilled and divorce is the fair course of action.) tom cruise has been over the top expressing his love for her and if he cant make the relationship work it will make him look far worse than if he had just never married again until his acting career fades away.