PDA

View Full Version : Cabernet Pick O' The Day

HDPM
06-26-2005, 10:11 PM
clos du val 2001 stags leap district oak vineyard sez the label. Smells good, tastes good, feels good (mouthfeel, silky tannins yada yada) Tried to get a link, but the website didn't have a good link to this year. The 2000 appeared to have been enjoyed. Price was approx 60 something, club discount around 46 or something. I dunno the price of the 2001 because it came as part of our club shipment. I suspect I will come to know the price as I intend to buy more of this wine. As w/ other clos du vals there is some structure and balance. It isn't like drinking a glass of goo. But it is not hard to enjoy either. 85% cab, 15% cab franc says the label. Get you some. Trust me now, thank me later.

oljumpstart
06-26-2005, 11:14 PM
You can expect the 2001 to be more expensive, as it is considered the best Napa vintage since 1994. When you get it, I'd put it away for a while.
Enjoy.

BTW, Wine enthusiast rates both a 91 and recommends additional aging

HDPM
06-26-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I did. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Have another bottle but will be ordering more.

milliondollaz
06-27-2005, 12:28 AM
I went out to dinner this friday at a tapas restaurant, and my date had a glass of "Los Cardos". The waiter said it was a Cabernet from Argentina. Anyone heard of this? It was only $6.50 a glass, but i couldn't find it at the grocery store, and i couldn't find it at a large wine store either.

The guy at the wine store recommended a Malbec from Argentina, don Rodolfo, 2003, from the cafayate valley salta. 11 bucks, i figured it was worth a shot.

But she loved that Los Cardos, i wish i could find it...

Ulysses
06-27-2005, 02:35 AM
I have had and still have quite a bit of this. Good pick.

oljumpstart
06-27-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went out to dinner this friday at a tapas restaurant, and my date had a glass of "Los Cardos". The waiter said it was a Cabernet from Argentina. Anyone heard of this? It was only $6.50 a glass, but i couldn't find it at the grocery store, and i couldn't find it at a large wine store either.

The guy at the wine store recommended a Malbec from Argentina, don Rodolfo, 2003, from the cafayate valley salta. 11 bucks, i figured it was worth a shot.

But she loved that Los Cardos, i wish i could find it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this (http://www.wine-searcher.com) page to locate a store that carries it around you.