PDA

View Full Version : How's my line?

Bill Lumberg
06-26-2005, 09:52 PM
BB is LAA.

Pre-Flop: Hero is on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
7 folds, cutoff calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.5 SB) K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB bets, cutoff folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

River (10.25 BB) 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, Hero calls.

DBowling
06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
whats the plan on the turn unimproved, heart or non heart?

Bill Lumberg
06-26-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great question. I'm thinking I should have raised on the flop if anything, just to see where I'm at in the hand. Then, if villain 3-bets, I could fold the turn UI, and if he calls, I could bet the turn if he checks.

nrinker
06-26-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great question. I'm thinking I should have raised on the flop if anything, just to see where I'm at in the hand. Then, if villain 3-bets, I could fold the turn UI, and if he calls, I could bet the turn if he checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesnt make sense. You know hes super loose agressive, so what does a 3 bet on the flop mean? Also, why would you want to raise this player? So you can stop them from betting down nothing? If he is loose aggressive and betting into you while you hold a very weak hand, I don't see why your raising.

Also, if you get 3-bet on this flop, your costing yourself 1 extra BB on the flop when your behind. Whereas if you call down the whole way, you don't stop the lag from betting his hand (hence more value for you). You also will only lose 1 more BB from by the time you show down if the lag bets the turn and river if you are behind. If you get 3-bet on the flop you save yourself 1 BB, if your behind, but even then, do you know your behind UI on the turn when bet into?

In my opinion, raising this flop against this type of player is horrible.

Anyway, this is what I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

mtdoak
06-26-2005, 11:28 PM
I can't think of a better flop line than go for the cheap showdown. Raise and Fold if your 3 bet IMHO. Flat calling this with no redraws just can't be the best line here.

mtdoak
06-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Even against a LAG flat calling with 2 overcards on the flop with position doesn't seem right? Esp. with no real redraws. IMHO this is a clear raise/fold situation. Go for the cheap showdown. By flat calling here your commiting 2.5 BB for a 5.25 BB (assuming your calling down with if no more hearts come).

toss
06-26-2005, 11:39 PM
I think it would be easier if we knew how big a LAA villain was.

ArturiusX
06-27-2005, 12:03 AM
That line sucks.

I like call call call.

nrinker
06-27-2005, 12:58 AM
Ya, like toss said... it changes alot if we know how LAA the villain is. Know what he does postflop, etc.

aK13
06-27-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That line sucks.

I like call call call.

[/ QUOTE ]