PDA

View Full Version : beltraahn

mostsmooth
06-26-2005, 09:42 PM
any reason this guys keeps saying carlos' name like that?
i thought it was beltran?

jdl22
06-26-2005, 10:08 PM
The a in his last name should be pronounced like ah, consider the a in awful.

I'm not sure whether the stress should go on the first or second syllable. My guess is the second though there is no accent mark so as it's written it should be the first.

sublime
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM
joe morgan is a retard

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 10:49 PM
some of you guys obviously dont speak spanish. its pronounced "over-rated". no accent over the a.

06-26-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some of you guys obviously dont speak spanish. its pronounced "over-rated". no accent over the a.

[/ QUOTE ]

you might want to check the scoreboard, donkey -- and don't stop at today, look at Friday and Saturday too

bugstud
06-26-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you might want to check the scoreboard, donkey -- and don't stop at today, look at Friday and Saturday too

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to elaborate, that doesnt make any sense.

06-26-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to elaborate, that doesnt make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will after the bottom of the 8th is over.

sublime
06-26-2005, 11:12 PM
wrew-ben sierra

sublime
06-26-2005, 11:13 PM
i kinda hope the NYY win so dead will show up and make WS predictions

06-26-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

sublime
06-26-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

quite an inning, ends with wrewben sierra flying out to belltrahhhhhn.

sublime
06-26-2005, 11:21 PM
btw, i missed most of the game. how many handgallops did they give jeter cuz its his birthday?

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:24 PM
not many. a couple of stupid "and the yankee captain comes up on his 31st" every time he was up, but no blowjobs. this commentator goes into his home run call everytime a ball is hit within 10 feet of the warning track. i really cant stand him. michael kay owns this guy. and that is a real insult.

jdl22
06-26-2005, 11:24 PM
shitload early on, then they backed off a bit.

sublime
06-26-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not many. a couple of stupid "and the yankee captain comes up on his 31st" every time he was up, but no blowjobs. this commentator goes into his home run call everytime a ball is hit within 10 feet of the warning track. i really cant stand him. michael kay owns this guy. and that is a real insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

its like a comedy show, with a baseball game in the background.

06-26-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its like a comedy show, with a baseball game in the background.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else think this has been one of the more poorly-played games this season? Bad fielding, bad relief pitching, and bad hitting for most of the game. And now this douche Looper walks the leadoff man for only the 13th straight appearance.

sublime
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
i can hear dead logging in right now

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:33 PM
apart from the starting pitching by both sides its been a joke. wright [censored] up, beltran [censored] up, cano [censored] up, that reyes nob to 1st, and looper is goig to come in and lose now.

update: morgan, wtf are you talking about? yeah, lets leave a giant gap for arod on the left side of the field. did this guy actually play baseball?

jdl22
06-26-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking this will be the comeback that will turn the season around.

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:34 PM
were gonna win this [censored].

GAME OVER, GIAMBI

WHAT

sublime
06-26-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking this will be the comeback that will turn the season around.

[/ QUOTE ]

until the next one, yes.

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:35 PM
mets fans, did you actually think you were going to win this game?

bwhahaha

06-26-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mets fans, did you actually think you were going to win this game?

bwhahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Looper=Voltron=Dead=Douche

06-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Congratulations on salvaging one. I'll bet you're bursting with pride.

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:41 PM
well im usually pretty happy after walkoff 9th inning comebacks.

looper is a joke. how do you walk tino martinez with arod/heart of the order coming up?

and how about that beltran deal? wheeee, at least we didnt [censored] up and buy him.

06-26-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well im usually pretty happy after walkoff 9th inning comebacks.

looper is a joke. how do you walk tino martinez with arod/heart of the order coming up?

and how about that beltran deal? wheeee, at least we didnt [censored] up and buy him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interlude for serious conversation --

you're absolutely right about Looper. In all seriousness, he's walked the leadoff man in many of his more recent appearances. It's ridiculous. He's a terrible closer. He walks a guy hitting .227 leading off the inning. Blech.

Interlude over.

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:47 PM
well yeah, aside from all the bwhahas i was serious about looper.

we never should have let you score 4 runs, that was a crappily played game.

Voltron87
06-26-2005, 11:50 PM
so, the good news is, we've cut baltimores lead to 4 games.

the bad news is, theyre not in 1st anymore. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 12:05 AM
btw, for any nyy fans, theres a cool collectables show on yes right now. an interview with mariano, who isjust an awesome guy.

if youre a sawx fan/hater, be warned. im pretty sure blowjobs will be given up.

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 12:13 AM
ok so after 10 minutes it is clear this is one long steiner ad. they sell yankees collectables, game jerseys, signed stuff, etc. they have a relationship with the yankees so they have all the good loot.

if you dont mind the bullshit softball questions, its pretty cool and theres some good content and player interviews. right now theres a topps card guy and hes plugging his stuff, kind of shameless but if youre a nyy junkie like me its worth it.

sublime
06-27-2005, 12:28 AM

ummmm, if they did it would probabyl be considered on of thier better deals.

i dont get it, its not even half a year and the guy is in his prime. why is it considered a bad signing?

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 12:35 AM
1. hes hitting .263
2. all his other stats are down 50 points from his career average. his ops is 740.
3. hes stolen 1 or 2 bases, which is just not right for someone like him.

granted, its been 1/2 a season, but this could have very easily been a 12 mil a year mistake. and yes, getting him would be better tahn getting jared wright and all that. and i know how vasquez is doing.

im not saying that he wont work out, but if he had signed with nyy you all would be jumping on it as a shitty deal.

andyfox
06-27-2005, 01:32 AM
And when did RU-ben Sierra become ru-BEN Sierra?

bugstud
06-27-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. hes hitting .263
2. all his other stats are down 50 points from his career average. his ops is 740.
3. hes stolen 1 or 2 bases, which is just not right for someone like him.

granted, its been 1/2 a season, but this could have very easily been a 12 mil a year mistake. and yes, getting him would be better tahn getting jared wright and all that. and i know how vasquez is doing.

im not saying that he wont work out, but if he had signed with nyy you all would be jumping on it as a shitty deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm willing to consider it injury related until I see his next 300 ABs

andyfox
06-27-2005, 01:34 AM
I'll take Mr. Overrated over any of the stiffs the Yankees are putting in center field. Their starting center fielder tonight had an OBP of under .300 and zero home runs. And was pinch hit for in the 7th inning.

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 01:53 AM
Would you also take him for a gazillion dollars a year, for a million more years?

DougOzzzz
06-27-2005, 01:58 AM
how's the contract structured? a million years is a lot. In 1000, due to inflation, the average player will probably be making about $100 quadrillion per year. I don't know how much a gazillion is, but it's quite possible a gazillion divided by a million will be just pennies in the "near" future. And if the contract is structured like today's contracts - with a steadily increasing amount paid per year, you may be talking about paying him 10 cents this year, and the equivalent amount each year, for a million years.

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 02:05 AM
well, it is helpful that boras could not pull in inflation adjustment. however, even if you factor inflation to the calculations, in year 400 of the contract he would still be getting a million billion of todays dollars, which is on the high side.

DougOzzzz
06-27-2005, 02:24 AM
Obviously my post was meant to be sarcastic.

I do agree that the Beltran signing does not look nearly as good now as it did before the season.

Still, the Yanks REALLY could use an average CF. It's amazing that with 200 mil, the best they outfield they can come up has Womack in left and Matsui in center. They are maybe 2 million away from turning the offense into easily the best in baseball.

It scares me, because the Yanks flaws are so obvious and not too hard to fix. Factor in that for the first time in many, many years they are actually winning fewer games than their RS/RA indicates, and I think the Yanks are far from done. As a Sox fan I am much more worried about them than Baltimore at this point.

Voltron87
06-27-2005, 02:42 AM
CF is a huge hole, obviously. I would love to see beltran playing for us right now given our CF, even with his unspectacular stats this year. But I wouldnt be happy about taking a huge hundred million dollar long contract.

Its not that beltran is not a good player. thats what he is, a strong player. strong players dont get 8 year 100 million dollar contracts, and that was what the market value.

The thing is, we dont even need someone that good. We dont need a 300 hitter or a slugger. We need someone who can play good defense, and fill the hole and stop the jumble of players sliding around.

I dont think this team is as fundamentally flawed right now as people think, it is in 2-3 years when that really happens if we dont do something about it now.

From day one I was always more worried about boston than the Os, so it works the other way.