PDA

View Full Version : KQo in the sb

KDawgCometh
06-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB

MP3 has really been overplaying hands postflop. If he catches anything on the flop he goes hogwild. should I have led the turn, or was the call down correct

Shillx
06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
There is no way that you can check/call the turn given the read. You either have to check/raise or bet-3bet him. The only problem that I see with bet-3betting is that the king might scare him into just calling. If you had QT (for example) and the turn was a brick then I would bet-3bet here everytime.

Brad

cassady
06-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Bet the turn, go into call down mode if raised.

sy_or_bust
06-26-2005, 08:48 PM
If you really trust that read, you can checkraise the turn. I don't like it because of the free card possibility and the 3-bet problem. Leading the turn seems best, and if raised you can think about donking a river brick.

mtdoak
06-26-2005, 11:48 PM
I agree with the majority here. Esp. given that you said he tends to overplay hands. Either Bet/call the turn or C/R it.

KDawgCometh
06-27-2005, 12:55 AM
I think I got kinda freaked out by the cap and was seeing monsters in the closet. what about the river call. was that right, considering that there is a lot on that board that beats me?

jstewsmole
06-27-2005, 01:21 AM
how loose is this guy preflop?
It seems that this guy is overplaying anything he could reasonably have here. AQ seems unlikely thnking that he wouldve raised preflop. It seems that the most logical holding would be 77 or QT. He probably wouldbe raised with pocket tens or queens preflop. im just surprised he didnt slow up at all when two overs fell on the turn and river which means hes really overplaying or has a set of sevens. Or hes a bluff inducing dream opponent.

I think that calling this river is way easy, especially given the wrecklees play that uve witnessed in the past with villain.

QJ is also possible for villain here and since he picked up an OESD onthe turn he continued to bet.