PDA

View Full Version : Bill Fillmaff's Secret System Chapter 5: Inside The Big Game

Kevin Bowen
06-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Ever wonder what it's like to play in the Bellagio's Big Game? Well, Bill Fillmaff plays that game all the time and to tell you the truth, he just DESTROYS it. If you need proof, look no further than the latest chapter of Bill Fillmaff's Secret System:

http://www.billfillmaff.com

Bill Fillmaff's is poker's biggest bad-ass!!

DeadMoneyOC
06-26-2005, 06:14 PM
I thought the first four where awesome...this one...not so much. Fillmaff needs to redeem himself ASAP by making a newer, funnier version of "the big game". I thought you guys where going to do a lot with this one...guess not...

Vee Quiva
06-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Eric Smigel is classic!

BarronVangorToth
06-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Bill's work is pure genius. The only problem with it is that he so outshines the stuff Kevin, Brandon, and I do at Daniel Negreanu's Planet Stacked (http://www.planetstacked.com/) that we are made into the proverbial second class citizens. His brilliance is something we all aspire towards.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

SoftcoreRevolt
06-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Two solid episodes in a row, but what was happening onscreen was funnier than what was being said.

starsconspire
06-26-2005, 07:30 PM
lol matusow quote

Ryner
06-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Ugh, this is a sinking ship. I wish we could get back to the glory days of early Fillmath.

And Barron, I want your job. I think I could do it well, and I know I meet the qualifications:

A) I can play poker.
B) I can write.
C) I can write about playing poker.
D) I can find a way to talk about my website in every topic regardless of what the topic actually is and can link to said site at the same time.

Please consider this my application as your replacement/assistant.

BarronVangorToth
06-26-2005, 11:38 PM
C'mon, I write about 15-20 news blurbs / week and in the last three months I don't think I've linked to my personal site from them more than once / week on average ... and it's more like a few times / month.

Not to mention that I can't help that my personal site is so interesting, especially if your definition of "interesting" includes a barrage of words written by myself and Bruce Stark about nonsense going on in our respective lives that is of almost no interest to anyone but the people who immediately are in our lives.

As far as being my "replacement/assistant," while you have the qualifications apparently, do you know how many people I have to support? I'm not currently nor have I ever been married, I have no children, yet I have three dependents. If anything, you should just paypal me $1 for even asking such a silly question.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com) <--- "Why Are You Wearing That Stupid Bunny Suit" vol. 12 coming soon -- "interesting" ahoy!

augie00
06-27-2005, 12:17 AM
I didn't find that funny at all.

Rushmore
06-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Somewhere along the line, Bill seems to have reverted to being simply juvenile.

This wasn't funny, and I think the series is winding down.

Damn, the first couple were really funny, too. <sigh>

vulturesrow
06-27-2005, 01:01 AM
So I checked out your site and read about your dog. That really sucks hard. I remember my mom called me during the summmer leading up to my senior year in college saying my dog (that I had gotten as a puppy when I was in the 5th grade) died. That was a bad day for me. Hopefully you get a cool new dog, if you havent already.

jgunnip
06-27-2005, 01:16 AM
Lol, BIG game...

Bartman387
06-27-2005, 03:40 AM
it always loses what it had going for it at the end when he goes too far with the berating of players.

ZeeJustin
06-27-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it always loses what it had going for it at the end when he goes too far with the berating of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna eat [censored] out of your own lemonade stand for saying that one.

Ryner
06-27-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If anything, you should just paypal me $1 for even asking such a silly question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont use paypal because I dont have any money /images/graemlins/frown.gif

scottjf8
06-27-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt' that the point, though?

God I hope he makes a cameo at the main event.. how funny would that be..

-Skeme-
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Needs more scripting, less improv. Bill needs to quit smacking his lips every 2 seconds. 400-900 Omaha was hilarious, though.

dabluebery
06-27-2005, 12:20 PM
It was 500-900 Omaha, but you're right about everything else. These have gotten less funny as we go along.

Smoothcall
06-27-2005, 03:31 PM
I think he's kinda funny. I like watching these. Even though he called me an imbecile. I forgive him.

Grisgra
06-27-2005, 04:55 PM
I actually liked this one a bit more than the poker/pool one. The fact that Big Chips and Big Cards were used at the Big Game was enough /images/graemlins/smile.gif. All the animated poker players holding 3 cards each was a nice retarded touch as well.

I give it a B, B-. Worth checking out, but it does seem like there's potential for so, so much more!

Bradyams
06-27-2005, 05:17 PM
This one had huge potential, but it severely disappointed me.

Why the hell does Bill Fillmaff win this time? It's much funnier when he loses. Also I thought the way the "Bellagio" was setup was very corny, and not in a funny way.

B Dids
06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't know if anybody saw the UB Poker thingy that was on Fox Sports sometime last week, but I'd swear that Bill's sidekick won the thing. If he didn't, he's got a twin who is really good at taking money from fat 40 year old women.

TheCroShow
06-28-2005, 03:09 PM
this one was pretty funny. i liked the cartoon guys holding 3 cards...the big chips and big cards at the big game were pretty funny.