PDA

View Full Version : Ladies NL Event

TheMainEvent
06-26-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last year, 201 ladies played in the limit hold'em ladies avent. This year, the tournament was changed to no-limit, and there are around 500 entries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else find this astounding? This is almost as many entrants as most of the open events.

Kevmath
06-26-2005, 04:33 PM
It is only $1,000, and being women only, it helps bring them in, because of the "intimidation" of the male player.

Kevin...

ed8383
06-26-2005, 06:08 PM
they let women play in the wsop now?? oh well I was against it but what can we do..

Sponger15SB
06-26-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is only $1,000, and being women only, it helps bring them in, because of the "intimidation" of the male player.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing that sucks is the good women are playing in the PLO event instead of this.

Rekwob
06-26-2005, 06:37 PM
i dont think it sucks, i think it shows that the concept of a womens event is outdated and should be dropped really.

Brad22
06-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Is a bracelet awarded for this event? If so, how is it qualified in the poker world?

ed8383
06-26-2005, 08:23 PM
the world class male poker players would probably win the ladies event with their eyes closed if they played.

istewart
06-27-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is a bracelet awarded for this event? If so, how is it qualified in the poker world?

[/ QUOTE ]

First place prize is 10K play money chips on PokerStars.

Russ McGinley
06-27-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they let women play in the wsop now?? oh well I was against it but what can we do..

[/ QUOTE ]

They really ought to dress them in all-white like kitchen appliances.

Scooterdoo
06-27-2005, 12:47 AM
It's true that the concept of "women" events is kind of out dated. Today I was playing a $525 satillite during the women's event. A woman who was just busted played with us and we were discussing this a bit. All of the men agreed that we don't have any preconceived opinions when a woman sits at a poker table with us. They are just like anyone else at this point. Some are good, some are not very good. There are many, many fantastic women players. In the $2.5k events the prior two days there were tons of women playing.

lighterjobs
06-27-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

probably the stupidest thing ever posted on 2+2.

mike l.
06-27-2005, 12:53 AM
it's ridiculously retarded that there's still a woman's tournament in the wsop. there is absolutely nothing about poker that would require the competition to ever be divided up by sex.

and a piece of gossip: i saw last year's ladie's wsop winner back to playing 40-80 last week.

ononimo
06-27-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not a big Formula 1 fan, are ya?

PokrLikeItsProse
06-27-2005, 03:34 AM
I almost think it would be worth it to give the event its own day as a sort of break in the action so that people committed to a full tournament schedule can have a mid-series break. Maybe put it and the senior event on the same day. I figure that supersatellite day and the media charity event form a similar buffer before the main event.

I also wouldn't want to get rid of it just because Harrah's would only replace it with yet another open $1500 NLHE event. If dropping it meant bringing back a non-hold em event that was dropped, then I'd be more for getting rid of it. Actually, I'm shocked that it's not on the list of events to be shown on ESPN, according to pokerpages.com.

Nottom
06-27-2005, 04:48 AM
On a less sexist note:

Did anyone notice the fact that a celebrity is currently leading this event?

If ESPN manages to miss Johnny Chan's 10th bracelet and Jennifer Tilly winning the Ladies Event I would immagine they would be quite upset.

billyjex
06-27-2005, 04:52 AM
why are these women playing poker when there's cooking, cleaning and sewing to do??

Publos Nemesis
06-27-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't get the reference, then don't post. Seriously, it was funny. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rosie5
06-27-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why are these women playing poker when there's cooking, cleaning and sewing to do??

[/ QUOTE ]

first the right to vote and now this /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Russ McGinley
06-27-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha MORAN!

grass
06-27-2005, 08:50 AM
i wonder what the bathroom line was like on the first break.

Kevmath
06-27-2005, 09:10 AM
When the pot limit event got heads up, they stopped play until the 2500 NL was over so they could broadcast Laak v Chan. Since the ladies event was still 4 handed at 4am, they've stopped that one as well for ESPN cameras to film the finish.

Kevin...

TheMainEvent
06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So being the "Bride of Chucky" makes you a celebrity now?

BlackAces
06-27-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but being an Oscar nominee doesn't hurt.

meow_meow
06-27-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See Bound.

Kevmath
06-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Also see Let it Ride.

Kevin...

Dominic
06-27-2005, 12:31 PM
I think we should all boycott the rest of the WSOP for their blatant sexism against men.

Where are the "men only" events? Isn't this kind of discrimination against the law?

I'm shocked and appalled at this - anyone else?

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sponger15SB
06-27-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, but being an Oscar nominee doesn't hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, having gigantic boobs and showing them in a lot of films is pretty cool...

burningyen
06-27-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a less sexist note:

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.londonpostcard.co.uk/images/st/st5866.jpg