PDA

View Full Version : AKo "blind defense"

DBowling
06-26-2005, 03:55 PM
No reads on villian

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to call...

toss
06-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Can't argue with the turn 3-bet since CO will be raising with a lot of cheese. If CO flopped a set or some wacky hand so be it. No way to fold since pots too bloated.

JoshuaD
06-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Looks good to me.

jstewsmole
06-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I think the turn 3 bet is a little excessive. I think villain could have a number of hands that beat u. If hes a loose stealer he could have a K with his weak kicker paired or A5 for the wheel.

Is he capable of making a Cr semibluff here?

i dont see the value in making it 3 on the turn. If hes pure bluffing with this raise then hell just fold immediately after u pop it. By calling the raise and C/calling the river u may induce him to bluff on the river and thus gaining an extra bet on the river possibly. if ur beat u lose less money.

JoshuaD
06-26-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the turn 3 bet is a little excessive. I think villain could have a number of hands that beat u. If hes a loose stealer he could have a K with his weak kicker paired or A5 for the wheel.

Is he capable of making a Cr semibluff here?

i dont see the value in making it 3 on the turn. If hes pure bluffing with this raise then hell just fold immediately after u pop it. By calling the raise and C/calling the river u may induce him to bluff on the river and thus gaining an extra bet on the river possibly. if ur beat u lose less money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think alot of villians take this line with a weaker king, that's my guess for the most likely holding for villian.

And the times we're behind two pair, we've got a ton of outs to improve. Only a set or a straight has us dirty, and I think that's much less frequent than a pair or two pair.

imported_leader
06-26-2005, 04:35 PM
GH

pleyya
06-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Your play is fine but when im in bb with such a powerful hand i usually call the prefl raiser and c-r any flop.
Although if i hit on fl ill probably just lead out hopin to be raised.

Nick C
06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Your play in the hand looks good to me.

Justin A
06-26-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your play is fine but when im in bb with such a powerful hand i usually call the prefl raiser and c-r any flop.
Although if i hit on fl ill probably just lead out hopin to be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

3betting is better.

soweak.
06-26-2005, 07:19 PM
I agree with all the other posters. Also think you might take the line of C/R the turn sometimes, maybe to feign weakness. Of course in this case it doesn't matter you capped the turn which is the goal. AK hold up?