3 42 14.0%
4 40 13.3%
5 41 13.6%
6 45 15.0%
7 30 10.0%
8 16 5.3%
9 16 5.3%
10 6 2.0%

I know I should be happy about the positive ROI, but I keep reading about people doing 20%+ over 1,000 SnG's. Does anyone see anything bad from my disttribution numbers?
I know this is soooo cliche, but I have truly had some of the sickest bubble beats kk vs A rag more times than I want to count. But anyways, do you guys have streaks like this or do i hvae some serious work to do on my game? I'm not even trying to get lucky I just need my hands to hold up against runner runner flushes.

spentrent
06-26-2005, 02:53 PM
It sounds like you are an unlucky person. Best advice is to quit playing poker.

freemoney
06-26-2005, 02:58 PM
first step dont cry about your luck, theres always room for improvement, focus simply on that, how come not one person on this forum has good luck, everyone is 234234% ROI with bad luck

Sponger15SB
06-26-2005, 03:01 PM
I've mentioned this before, but it seems like you are incredibly fixated on good stats. You used to make posts every few weeks about what a good win rate or bb/100 or ROI or whatever in every forum.

Start posting hands and reading more.

ace_in_the_hole
06-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the advice, this is a great forum. My game is already improving, thanks. BTW Sponger is very good at giving great advice on how not to post on this forum. Oh and I posted 2 hands this week for a grand total of O replies. Thanks. The only good poster in this forum (only poster who had given me good advice) is lorinda.

Sponger15SB
06-26-2005, 03:08 PM
fine here is some advice:

be more agressive around the bubble

happy?

45suited
06-26-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only good poster in this forum (only poster who had given me good advice) is lorinda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lorinda is great (and has given me good advice too) but that comment is just plain ignorant.

So, PVS, Adanthar, NegativeEV, Microbet, Eastbay, etc... are all bad posters huh?

If that's truly the way you feel then you should just hire her as a coach and stop posting on this forum.

gildwulf
06-26-2005, 03:45 PM
I think we played against each other earlier this week ITM. You definitely need to be more aggressive on the bubble.

Luminous Mist
06-26-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I know I should be happy about the positive ROI, but I keep reading about people doing 20%+ over 1,000 SnG's.

[/ QUOTE ]

People lie, especially on the internet. If you assumed that everyone on this forum lied about stats, you'd be much closer to the truth than what you're assuming right now.

Oh, and it's not necessarily lying I guess. A lot of it has to do with confirmation bias, selective memory and self-selection...

Realize that if you truly are a 6% ROI player right now, you're a better STT player than like 99% of all poker players. The bad news is that you easily could be less than a 6% ROI player, /images/graemlins/frown.gif. The good news is you may be better, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Luminous

Sponger15SB
06-26-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I know I should be happy about the positive ROI, but I keep reading about people doing 20%+ over 1,000 SnG's.

[/ QUOTE ]

People lie, especially on the internet. If you assumed that everyone on this forum lied about stats, you'd be much closer to the truth than what you're assuming right now.

Oh, and it's not necessarily lying I guess. A lot of it has to do with confirmation bias, selective memory and self-selection...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/SNGstats.jpg

You doubt this? I will kill you.

Freudian
06-26-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Realize that if you truly are a 6% ROI player right now, you're a better STT player than like 99% of all poker players. The bad news is that you easily could be less than a 6% ROI player, /images/graemlins/frown.gif. The good news is you may be better, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Luminous

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that my 354% ROI at the 33s is not something to brag about because of such nonsense as sample size? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

petvan
06-26-2005, 04:38 PM
I'd try to get ITM more ;-) Other than that, it doesn't really mean much to me. I personally don't finish 8/9/10 much as I simply don't play many hands, thus rarely start busting out till later rounds. Of course, the right play doesn't win all the time..

I'd focus more on your technique and less on these statistics. Stay cash flow positive and consider it training. If your bubble play is weak, there are tons of posts here which I'm sure you've see since you've been here longer than I, which should help you fully understand how to play on the bubble.

I also expect you'd get more play on your hand posts if you gave some context (just looking at your AJ post)

Just my usually low value .02 ;-)

Good luck.

P

ace_in_the_hole
06-26-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only good poster in this forum (only poster who had given me good advice) is lorinda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lorinda is great (and has given me good advice too) but that comment is just plain ignorant.

So, PVS, Adanthar, NegativeEV, Microbet, Eastbay, etc... are all bad posters huh?

If that's truly the way you feel then you should just hire her as a coach and stop posting on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I more meant to say that she has been the only one who has given me advice other than, "don't post about results". Sorry for the miscommunication on my part.

Also by being more agressive on the bubble, should I see an increase in 4th place finshes and an increase in 1st with 3rd and 2nd decreasing?

Could someone be kind enough to post some hands demonstrating some good bubble agression, other than pushing with A-Broadway and pairs. Thank You.

tjh
06-26-2005, 09:20 PM
6% ROI at 300 SNG's = getting paid to play poker

No it wont take the place of a real job but it is good. It will not likely get any worse so that is a good baseline.

As for posts with no replies...
I get those and I assume that is because forum members more or less agreed with my play. When they disagree they let you know /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So relax.. try and add more context to your posts. Keep doin what you are doin and add a few more advanced techniques. THe ROI suggests that your basic strategy is sound.

--
tjh