PDA

View Full Version : The stupidest thing you've ever SEEN...

jcmack13
06-26-2005, 12:55 PM
In the same vein as the earlier thread about stupid sayings, what about stupid things observed? I have a good one:

I'm dropping my sister off for her first day of college and we're moving stuff into her room. We get in the elevator, which has those little metal panels with both the floor number and the braille imprinted on them next to each button. The panel for the fifth floor has fallen off, so some helpful soul has used a sharpie to draw in the number '5' next to the button.

And below that, he drew in the braille.

I'm going to repeat that, because it bears repeating. He DREW. The BRAILLE.

spamuell
06-26-2005, 12:56 PM
uh it was probably a joke

jcmack13
06-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Not to say that my sister isn't attending a fine institution of higher learning, but i find that unlikely.

blaze666
06-26-2005, 01:01 PM
you'd be surprised at how fcuking stupid people are. this (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=garfield_sucks) for example

RicktheRuler
06-26-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the same vein as the earlier thread about stupid sayings, what about stupid things observed? I have a good one:

I'm dropping my sister off for her first day of college and we're moving stuff into her room. We get in the elevator, which has those little metal panels with both the floor number and the braille imprinted on them next to each button. The panel for the fifth floor has fallen off, so some helpful soul has used a sharpie to draw in the number '5' next to the button.

And below that, he drew in the braille.

I'm going to repeat that, because it bears repeating. He DREW. The BRAILLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I got this one.

At a rented beach house a few years ago, one of my friends decided he was going to take a shower. It was a stand up shower with glass doors and no tub--I don't know what those are called. Anyway, a friend of mine--pretty drunk--thought it would be cool if he just let the water run, allowing the shower stall to fill with water. He thought he could turn the shower into an aquarium and swim around in it!! Oh yeah, he fell asleep in the process and flooded the house. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jakethebake
06-26-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was a stand up shower with glass doors and no tub--I don't know what those are called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's called a shower.

RicktheRuler
06-26-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was a stand up shower with glass doors and no tub--I don't know what those are called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's called a shower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for being a smart ass Jake. I thought there was a name a specific name for this type of shower.

I did laugh when I read your response though, nh.

tbach24
06-26-2005, 01:42 PM
HAHAHAHA I WANT TO DO THAT SO BADLY!!!

jakethebake
06-26-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHAHA I WANT TO DO THAT SO BADLY!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually when I was like 4 or so, I tried this in a tub with the shower curtain and some duct tape. The parental units were not amused.

utmt40
06-26-2005, 01:45 PM
http://www.collegehumor.com/?image_id=17211

YourFoxyGrandma
06-26-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you'd be surprised at how fcuking stupid people are. this (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=garfield_sucks) for example

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...that's hilarious. Garfield sucks.

Alobar
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a pretty awful example considering that page is funny as hell

YourFoxyGrandma
Jinx.

blaze666
06-26-2005, 02:26 PM
no, im talking about the guy who sent the email. maddox is talking about a crappy garfeild film, and maddox says something like 'what's next, and animated sequel to 'the mask' with cgi babies?' (which of course there is) and this total moron thinks that maddox ACTUALY doesn't know that there is a mask sequel, and flames him. imbecile.

handsome
06-26-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

siccjay
06-26-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man
06-26-2005, 03:18 PM
does anyone else find it uproariously funny that people are flaming a poster for something that he was already aware of, and the subject of the link was a flame on maddox for something he was already aware of?

garfield sucks.

and I can't think of anything stupid that people have done. I prefer to find pleasure without putting others down.

owned.

youtalkfunny
06-27-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...what about stupid things observed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it count if I saw it on TV? "Real TV", that is.

Dude has a "Wayne's World" type program on local access cable. It's spring, and he needs to take the cover off of his in-ground swimming pool. So Dude has an idea: What if I climb up a tall ladder, and leap onto the center of the pool cover?

So Dude gets an aluminum extension ladder. He opens it up to about 15 feet. He plants it next to a wooden fence that's 6 feet tall, and only this fence is supporting the ladder.

He sets his video camera on a tripod, and we see the covered pool, and the ladder. He looks into the camera, and tells us about his plans. He then heads for the ladder.

At this point, I call my wife into the room. "You've got to see this!" I quickly get her up to speed. As Dude is climbing up the ladder, I tell my wife, "The *best* thing that could happen to this guy right now is, he falls off the ladder and breaks his neck. That's the best case scenario right now. Because if he jumps onto that pool cover, it's all over. That thing will wrap around him and he'll never see sunlight again."

I'm actually screaming at the tv, "Dude, you'd better hope you fall off that ladder!"

Up the ladder he goes. When he gets to the top, he turns, and leaps....

...but when he pushed off the ladder, HE didn't go FORWARD; the LADDER went BACKWARD. He hung in the air for a moment, like Wile E Coyote, then came crashing down head-first onto the cement apron that surrounds the pool...

...but he had just enough forward momentum to roll into the pool. He landed on the edge of the pool cover, which of course couldn't hold him. He slipped below the edge of the cover, and the cover resumed it's prior appearance--it looked as if it had never been disturbed.

At this point, my wife and I expected to see people rush in from off-camera, to rescue this nit-wit. But there were no people there. Dude set his camera on a tripod. He was all alone.

Fifteen more seconds pass. Twenty. Nothing.

Finally, the old lady who lives next door, who happened to see him fall off the ladder, arrives, and pulls him to safety.

The "Real TV" episode guide (#2086, 1/19/98) says Dude couldn't move his neck for four months.

steelcmg
06-27-2005, 07:15 AM
I was driving back from college about 2 years ago with my car on cruz control and happend to look over. I saw a mother and her sun driving in a saturn. At first i didnt think anything of it untill i looked again. They where both wearing bike helmets while riding in the car. I hit my breaks really fast and had to ride right next to them for like 10 mins i couldnt stop laughing they both just looked at me with this really confussed look on there faces. Man i wish i would have had a camera.

ZeeJustin
06-27-2005, 07:24 AM
My neighbor found a skunk in his garage. He closed the garage door to trap the skunk in there. He then got a baseball bat, and beat the skunk to death. Although I didn't witness the beating, I smelled the afteraffect first hand, and it was not pretty. His whole house smelled for months, and his kids went to go live with their mom for a while.

youtalkfunny
06-28-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They where both wearing bike helmets while riding in the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you think about it, that's not really so dumb.

I heard a guy on the radio say once, "Imagine you're living in Plymouth MA, in 1620. The devil pops up, and offers you a deal. "I've got a great idea, tell me what you think of this!"

He offers to build you roads, and give you steel boxes with comfortable seats inside, that can travel at up to 70 MPH. He describes the great leaps of progress that this would bring. Instead of taking a week or more to get from Boston to NYC, you could do it in half a day, in air-conditioned comfort, listening to music!

Sounds great, but remember, this is the Devil. So you ask him, "What's the catch?"

He tells you that sometimes people will lose control of their steel box, and it will spiral out of control. Anyone who gets hit by an out-of-control box will probably die. Anyone inside the box will probably die.

Most roads will not be one-way, and the only thing that divides the onrushing boxes is a line painted on the road. One more thing: pedestrians have to walk right on the edge of the road, inches from the steel boxes which rush by.

Wet weather can send boxes flying out of control. So can drunk drivers and stupid drivers. Young people will be given permission to pilot these things, with little-to-no training. In every town in America, it is very likely that someone will die on a given day. Larger cities will see multiple deaths, every day, without fail.

"But you can get to NYC in half a day! What do you say?", pitches the Devil.

You'd tell him to take a hike.

DavidC
06-28-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They where both wearing bike helmets while riding in the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you think about it, that's not really so dumb.

I heard a guy on the radio say once, "Imagine you're living in Plymouth MA, in 1620. The devil pops up, and offers you a deal. "I've got a great idea, tell me what you think of this!"

He offers to build you roads, and give you steel boxes with comfortable seats inside, that can travel at up to 70 MPH. He describes the great leaps of progress that this would bring. Instead of taking a week or more to get from Boston to NYC, you could do it in half a day, in air-conditioned comfort, listening to music!

Sounds great, but remember, this is the Devil. So you ask him, "What's the catch?"

He tells you that sometimes people will lose control of their steel box, and it will spiral out of control. Anyone who gets hit by an out-of-control box will probably die. Anyone inside the box will probably die.

Most roads will not be one-way, and the only thing that divides the onrushing boxes is a line painted on the road. One more thing: pedestrians have to walk right on the edge of the road, inches from the steel boxes which rush by.

Wet weather can send boxes flying out of control. So can drunk drivers and stupid drivers. Young people will be given permission to pilot these things, with little-to-no training. In every town in America, it is very likely that someone will die on a given day. Larger cities will see multiple deaths, every day, without fail.

"But you can get to NYC in half a day! What do you say?", pitches the Devil.

You'd tell him to take a hike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the devil want people to die?