PDA

View Full Version : Crumbling ante-steal defense

lstream
06-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I was almost certain that this was an ante steal, but my hand went no where. Comments welcome. What would you do on 7'th?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds

4th Street - (4.50 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.25 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

6th Street - (3.25 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

River - (3.25 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Hero: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif???

bigredlemon
06-26-2005, 01:37 PM
well like bet again on fifth, since that's usually the street they decide whether to see the river with?

MRBAA
06-26-2005, 04:01 PM
I think this is a poor spot to reraise. This is a hand that you want to fold if you miss on fourth and a structure where calling the completion is no big deal. I'd just call. Then if you catch good, you can hopefully let him keep coming and get a raise in on sixth if you flush or straighten. Or raise fourth if you pair.

But I'd be thinking in terms of folding if neither of these happens.

I'd be more likely to pop it back with a hand like (7K)7, or a three flush with an A or K. You just don't need to defend that much, even 5-way, in this structure, and being so aggressive without at least two overcards just doesn't make sense to me.

As for betting the river, well, you've got to get him to fold one in three to four times to make it profitable. Will he?

beta1607
06-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Given the way it was played I think you are getting called too often to make a river bet +EV. I think you have to bet 5th or 6th if you are going to try and take the pot away considering how bad villan bricked.

Bartholow
06-26-2005, 10:26 PM
I think 5th is a clear bet, with the intention of not putting any more money in the pot.

I know his hand is scary but lots of ppl will release on 5th, and the pot is relatively speaking "big" for 2 handed.

BeerMoney
06-27-2005, 01:42 PM
U've gotta bet 5th. 5/10 players aren't folding to a reraise on 3rd. Easy bet on 5th, and slowdown if called.