PDA

View Full Version : 1st level of a 50+5 on Party

WillMagic
06-26-2005, 12:04 PM
This is maybe 2-3 hands in, and everyone's chip stack is still around 1K.

I have 97o in the SB. One EP limper, one MP limper, I complete and the BB checks. 4 to the flop for 60 chips.

Flop comes 976 two clubs.

I lead out for 60, BB calls, EP limper folds, MP limper raises to 120. I reraise to 440 total, EP folds, MP calls.

The turn is an offsuit ten.

I move in for my remaining 530.

Will

jeffraider
06-26-2005, 12:23 PM
I don't know, really. It seems like he raised you in the hopes of getting a cheap river, but then made a bad call for a third of his chips when you reraised. Unfortunately, I think he probably hit here, and even if he didn't, I don't like moving in like this. When you're behind, you give him your stack, and when you're way ahead you prevent him from giving you any more chips. I normally check here and let him act to give me a better read. Yeah the more I think about it, check-calling this turn seems best to me. You'll give him your stack anyways if he's got it by pushing, so why not give him some rope all the times he doesn't?

WillMagic
06-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah...that seems just about right.

I knew there was something very wrong with this hand, I just couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Will

Phil Van Sexton
06-26-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, really. It seems like he raised you in the hopes of getting a cheap river, but then made a bad call for a third of his chips when you reraised. Unfortunately, I think he probably hit here, and even if he didn't, I don't like moving in like this. When you're behind, you give him your stack, and when you're way ahead you prevent him from giving you any more chips. I normally check here and let him act to give me a better read. Yeah the more I think about it, check-calling this turn seems best to me. You'll give him your stack anyways if he's got it by pushing, so why not give him some rope all the times he doesn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put him on a draw, it is at least as likely to be a flush draw, and therefore checking the turn is awful.

Almost 1/2 of your stacks are in the pot already, so you are pretty much committed at this point. If he is on a flush draw, you should push.

If he has some dumbass hand like top pair or an overpair, you could check/call, but he seems willing to put all his chips in, so pushing will likely accomplish the same thing.

You put in over 40% of your stack with your raise. That wasn't a bet for information that you can use later in the hand. You pot committed yourself with the intention of getting the rest of your chips in shortly. Pushing the turn is the most efficient way to do this.

curtains
06-26-2005, 02:10 PM
I swear I've never won a hand in my life while flopping 2 pair on an extremely coordinated board with a flush draw. That said, I would definitely move allin on the turn, too much money in the pot.

jeffraider
06-26-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you put him on a draw, it is at least as likely to be a flush draw, and therefore checking the turn is awful.

Almost 1/2 of your stacks are in the pot already, so you are pretty much committed at this point. If he is on a flush draw, you should push.

If he has some dumbass hand like top pair or an overpair, you could check/call, but he seems willing to put all his chips in, so pushing will likely accomplish the same thing.

You put in over 40% of your stack with your raise. That wasn't a bet for information that you can use later in the hand. You pot committed yourself with the intention of getting the rest of your chips in shortly. Pushing the turn is the most efficient way to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really good point. I didn't consider the flush draw aspect.