PDA

View Full Version : A double hand-series question

SpaceAce
06-26-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't post in this forum often, usually only when some odd series of hands or events catches my attention at the poker table. I know that a lot of the posts here revolve around "I got this hand 10 times in a row" and this one has some of that but it's the multi-table aspect I am most interested in.

Recently, while four-tabling online, I was dealt this sequence of hands all at the same table:

A/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
A/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif

(I cannot remember for sure if the Ace was dealt first every time. Assume it doesn't matter in which order the cards are dealt to me.)

Question one: Starting with some offsuit non-pair hand, what are the odds of seeing that exact hand two more times in the next three deals plus seeing a hand that differs only by the suit of one card? How much does it change if one of the cards is always the same such as in the series I referenced above as opposed to when either card could change suit on the not-an-exact-match deal?

Question two: Assuming that all four tables I have open are playing hand-for-hand and starting with some random offsuit non-pair hand (NxYx) dealt to me at one of the tables, what are the odds of seeing that hand three more times in the next three deals (with one hand differing by the suit of one card) across all four tables. It isn't as simple as being four times as likely since I am essentially getting four deals each time, is it?

Thanks,
SpaceAce