PDA

View Full Version : Lay this down on the river?

SNOWBALL138
06-26-2005, 09:10 AM
I thought I had two options. Call or fold.
Calling seemed tenable b/c I checked behind on 4th street, possibly inducing a bluff. Also, the pot odds weren't horrible.

Folding seemed better though because there weren't really any draws on the board and I got called by both players. I was either up against a pair of kings, aces, or trip fours I thought.

I thought that the chances that one or the other player had me beaten was greater than 6/7. Thoughts?
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Nick C
06-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Your hope on the river, really, is that your opponents both have JT and/or pocket pairs or are very loose flop peelers.

Your play in the hand seems all right to me.

chesspain
06-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Although reads would be nice, I think you did fine. Indeed, it is difficult to see with what worse hands they will be calling on the flop. In fact, since you have two queens, it makes it less likely that one of them is stubbornly hanging around with a gutshot. Consequently, you are hoping for the parlay that both are being stubborn with lower pocket pairs.

Although I might have bet the turn in hopes of getting a king to drop, once you check through the turn you can't really call a river bet, unless you can confidently put MP2 on exactly JT.

jjacky
06-26-2005, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your hope on the river, really, is that your opponents both have JT and/or pocket pairs or are very loose flop peelers.

Your play in the hand seems all right to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i think so too. anyone who has any peace of the flop has you beat. your winning chances are remote.