PDA

View Full Version : Artists Convention! Using next weeks word rations!

10-16-2001, 02:33 AM
After Sundays emotional out burst the SPM faced a major decision Monday. Return to the 10-20 game and take the chance that his emotions would run a muck at the first sign of a bad beat. Or play in the 5-10 game where the Any2card Town LOCO Artists play. Their nuts for sure, but going in, you know their nuts, so you can always expect the unexpected. Or can you?

It turned out to be an art fair in A2CT, not the fine arts but the mystical magical arts. The first Artist to put on a show was the escape artist. You've played with this guy I'm sure. You raise with pocket aces and the escape artist is the only one who calls you. He says he's a blind protector. Of course he is, because only a blind man would call with zip, zero, nada! The flop comes rainbow and rags, you know you got him cornered like a rat. He's got bottom pair and of course he puts you on the only hand anyone raises with, BIG SLICK. The escape artist is in for a big surprise on the river. However, he is an escape artist and on the river he pairs his kicker also a dude and your aces are toast.

Then there was the Performing Artist, this guy could win an Oscar. He shakes his head back and forth on the river. He moans a little and splashes the last bet into the pot. Is stupid written on our heads? Does he think we will call this bet? Sure he dose and being nice guys we pay him off for the best performance of the day. Why, because were patrons of the arts. That's why!

Last but not least there's the bad beat artist, no need to tell you about this guy. His whole family are famous artists. They live in the land of miracles and the sun always shines on them. Why because they got a horse shoe up their tuckus that's why. Yes, it was an Artists convention in the 5-10 game. So the SPM finally gave up and returned to the 10-20 game. Won a couple of stacks and went home with a dumb look on his face.

SPM,...how many kinds of artists are in your game...

10-16-2001, 12:03 PM
They don't raise with pocket aces or kings, because they always get beat. They don't win with aces or kings because they never raise. So they sing the "Never Ending Vicious Circle Lose With Rockets Player Checks On Three Give Me 7-8 Instead Blues." I like that song, it's one of my favorites. And like any other blues song, all you can do is shake your head and say, "Yeah, what can you do?' But to go to their concert is a lot of fun.

10-16-2001, 11:16 PM
hmmm, lets see, word rationing. great idea, im glad you thought of it as it was beyond my ability to figure that out. thanks. maybe thats why i cant figure out all of m.c escher's stuff.