PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest in a 2+2 Front Office Football leauge?

sublime
06-26-2005, 06:37 AM
For those who don't know what it is, i did a quick search and this article runs down the game pretty much

review (http://www.footballology.com/videogamesarticle.php3?ArticleID=67)

google will provide anything else

i am not good at orginizing large 'events' so if there is interest if somebody would like to seize control (a commishiner i suppose) that would be great. i do have web space available for a forum if it gets to that.

the leauge would be 32 teams, (of course you would have to buy the software) and we could decide on how we want to run it when/if all 32 slots are taken.

Jeff W
06-26-2005, 06:44 AM
I haven't played in a couple years, but I played obsessively ~5 years ago. I got bored with the game because if you play it enough you master every intricacy of the engine(even with very strict house rules--no contract renegotiations, no trades, no 7-year minsal contracts for UDFAs).

Hopefully, the new editions have made the game more challenging. I have resisted playing because it tends to eat up time I should be spending on more productive endeavours(poker).

Btw, I will dominate you newbies if we do have a league(I have no interest in being commissioner).

Edit: If we do have a league, we should gamble on the final outcome. $1k each into a pool, winner takes all.

bugstud
06-27-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played in a couple years, but I played obsessively ~5 years ago. I got bored with the game because if you play it enough you master every intricacy of the engine(even with very strict house rules--no contract renegotiations, no trades, no 7-year minsal contracts for UDFAs).

Hopefully, the new editions have made the game more challenging. I have resisted playing because it tends to eat up time I should be spending on more productive endeavours(poker).

Btw, I will dominate you newbies if we do have a league(I have no interest in being commissioner).

Edit: If we do have a league, we should gamble on the final outcome. $1k each into a pool, winner takes all.

[/ QUOTE ]

translated - give me free money

DougOzzzz
06-27-2005, 03:02 AM
I had this game a while ago, maybe 8 years ago. I'd be willing to do this as long as the price is 50 dollars or below since I'd probably suck now. Definitely not putting 1K up, though.

lastsamurai
06-27-2005, 05:11 AM
we could set up a private one on cbssportsline.com They have differnt buy ins for the site and winner takes all. I like cbssportsline far better than yahoo and espn.