PDA

View Full Version : Bush Title IX Commission Set to Ease Gender Equity Rules

adios
01-28-2003, 04:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=world&cat=womens_issues

Wouldn't you know it. Got discussing Title IX in the Lebron James thread and Bush wants to change it. How shrill will the protesters be about this?

Clarkmeister
01-28-2003, 05:04 PM
I think we should shut down all university primary education colleges since there isn't a 50/50 ratio of men to women in any of them.

In fact, lets shut down any program where there isn't an equal interest by both sexes. Women don't take many math classes. Lets stop teaching math since there isn't an equal interest. Either that, or lets just deny math classes to any male in excess of the number of females. If only 5 women want to take calc 302, then only 5 men will be allowed to enroll.

There we go, a fair solution.

John Cole
01-28-2003, 05:14 PM
"How shrill will the protestors be about this?"

Tom,

Interesting word choice, "shrill." Does this betray your latent sexism about the issue?

John

scalf
01-28-2003, 06:35 PM
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif tom will be there protesting in augusta ga. about the fact a few guys actuallly think they can play golf with the people they want.....gl /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gitz
01-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Let them play together!!!! Half the women are stronger than the men anyway!!!! Just like golf!!! The game you can carry an umbrella and still win the trnmt!!!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Rick Nebiolo
01-31-2003, 12:38 PM
John,

Here is a "non shrill" voice (author John Irving) describing some of the problems with Title IX.

http://tinyurl.com/55ls

I tried to post this a few days ago but was thwarted by the forum problems. Note that you might have to register for the NY Times in order to view this.

BTW, would it have been incorrect to cut and paste the entire article into this thread? Would cutting selected comments have been OK? I barely understand web copyrite rules.

Your Not-So-Shrill, Conservative Friend,

Rick