PDA

View Full Version : Moving up, should I practice first?

twolf
06-26-2005, 04:16 AM
I have decided that maybe it's time to get out of the kiddy pool at Stars. I have played 108 3-table tourneys there with good results. I am going to move up. I do have a couple questions/concerns first.

Firstly, Stars doesn't have 3-table SNGs above ten dollars, they only have 2-table ones. Should I move down to the 5's to practice 2-tables or stay at the 10's and try the 2-table ones there.

Secondly, should I move to Party? I don't like that you start with a thousand chips but I've heard that the 20's at Stars are signicantly harder and I haven't heard anything about Partys'. Is it worth it to move there for what I presume is worse compitition?

TIA

bluefeet
06-26-2005, 04:25 AM
I would suggest you move to the $15+1 9-seater turbos (single table) sngs on stars. The nice payout on the multi's are tempting, but the amount of time to complete them is counter productive IMO.

If you are doing well on them, then you certainly have developed the aggressiveness skills required to play the turbo's on stars (or the regular T800-start-chips on PP)....I know from experience how high the blinds get on those 2/3-table games when you reach the final table.

Anyway....coming from a T1500 environment, I think you might do best to stay on stars. Despite the 'turbo' environment, you are offered more post-flop play than on PP. Make sure you bone-up on the STT strategies (do a search on FAQ under this forum) first. The starting hand requirements are a little more stringent than on the MTT IMO.

twolf
06-26-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The nice payout on the multi's are tempting, but the amount of time to complete them is counter productive IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it about the same though? I've heard/read that ~20% ROI is good at single table tourneys, I play these and stay around ~70% ROI and 30% ITM. Isn't that about equivalent(sp?)to playing single tables? Also I probably wouldn't play these if I didn't multi table because of the amount of time but I 4-table which makes it more worth it. Does any of that make sense?

bluefeet
06-26-2005, 04:37 AM
Don't know if I can help you. I guess I read into your OP an attemp to move to STT. If your looking to find the differences between 2-table vs. 3-table sngs -- stars vs. PP, you might have better luck in the MTT forum.

twolf
06-26-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I read into your OP an attemp to move to STT.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad...took your advice about the MTT section, thanks.