PDA

View Full Version : Position in stud

gol4pro
06-26-2005, 04:12 AM
I'm a newbie to stud, but I feel like I have a pretty good feel for the game. I've consistently destroyed Pacific 1/2 for the last week, and I'm giving 2/4 a go.

Anyways, I can't seem to figure out how position works. Sometimes it seems like it's the lower card dealt, but then someone who is dealt an Ace will have to act first.

Same thing with double betting on 4th street.... when can you and can't you? I noticed you have to at least have a pair.

Sorry for sounding like such an idiot, but I'd like to get into stud.

blackize
06-26-2005, 04:48 AM
On 3rd street the lowest card acts first and then it works around the table clockwise. On 4th and beyond the person with the highest board showing is first to act and then it moves clockwise. You can only double bet on 4th street and only when you have a pair.

beta1607
06-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Just to clarify, you can double bet on 4th when anybody has an open pair showing.

Jimmyjohn
06-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Sometimes my door card is a 2 and I don't have to bring it in. Always seems to happen with a female dealer. Does this mean she is hitting on me???

tehehe
Jimmyjohn

bigredlemon
06-26-2005, 07:36 PM
If she was hitting on you, she would have base dealt you an Ace /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

lowest card brings in. If more than one person has the same low card, it goes by suit: diamond first, club, heart, and lastly spade.

PoorLawyer
06-26-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If she was hitting on you, she would have base dealt you an Ace /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

lowest card brings in. If more than one person has the same low card, it goes by suit: diamond first, club, heart, and lastly spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, its club first. it goes alphabetically (c d h s)

bigredlemon
06-26-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, its club first. it goes alphabetically (c d h s)

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/shocked.gif At the live game I play at it's always diamond so I just presumed it applies everywhere.

What about highcarding for button? spade heart diamond club too?

PoorLawyer
06-26-2005, 08:39 PM
i would assume so. no button in stud so Im not positive