PDA

View Full Version : A perfectly played hand by a 'fish'. And funny too.

JTG51
01-28-2003, 04:08 PM
There's probably not much to learn here, but other people post a lot of stuff that makes me laugh here. Hopefully someone will get a kick out of this one.

It's a home game. The kind of game that everyone dreams of. There's a fishy new player in the game. He's seen every flop for 3 hours. He's been very predictable and doesn't seem to have made any kind of adjustments to anyone's style of play. To his left is the local maniac. They are the SB and BB in this hand.

My involvement in the hand is meaningless, but I'll include it for the sake of completeness.

A player or two fold, and I raise with JJ. Both the new player and the maniac call in the blinds. That means they both have 2 cards.

Flop: K 3 2 rainbow

New player bets, Maniac raises and I fold. Not because of the raise, but because New players bet means he probably has at least a K. New player 3 bets, Maniac 4 bets. Maniac finally calls after New player put in the 9th bet.

Turn: K 3 2 7 completing the rainbow.

New player now checks. Maniac bets and New player check raises. Maniac calls.

River: K 3 2 7 T

New player checks again and Maniac bets again. New player check raises again! Maniac calls.

New player shows 33 for a flopped set, maniac shows K2 for a flopped 2 pair.

I thought the hand was beautifully played by the new player. Just beautiful. Not to mention funny. How often do you get to 9 bet the flop then check raise the turn and river? Just beautiful.

Barry
01-28-2003, 04:40 PM
I don't remember any of the details, but I saw one hand a while ago on PP, where the winner checkraised the flop, the turn, and the river. It was hysterical

Robk
01-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Here's a hand I played against a total maniac/fish that made me laugh. ((Background on this guy: Previously, he went 6 bets with me on the turn when I had the nut flush.
When the board paired the river I thought I was toast until...he turned over middle pair. He was playing almost every hand like this.)) I have KQs, and raise his limp from UTG. Several players call. He (limp) reraises and I cap. Flop was K high with 3 clubs (I have no clubs). He checks I bet, all call he (check) raises I, 3bet all call. Turn a blank. He checks I bet a few call, he (check) raises, only I call. River a blank. He checks I bet he (check) raises and I call. He shows Ten 3 of clubs for the flopped flush.

mojolang
01-28-2003, 05:21 PM
a check-raising fish? That's a new breed. Doesn't sound that fishy. He obvously played the hand very well.....

Funny though, there is nothing I like seeing more than a maniac get stomped on. I can't imagine anyhing better than capping on the flop, getting a set against a maniac and then check-raising on the river. Oh yessss

oddjob
01-28-2003, 05:33 PM
heh, i play in a home game, where early position players will routinely bet into a raiser on every street, not even thinking they'll get raised again, and again.