PDA

View Full Version : KK early to middle in the game, what to do?

Fatdogs12
06-26-2005, 03:26 AM
I had a problem with KK early in 2 games in a row. In the first game I had KK with 7 people left. I bet 150 preflop with blinds at 25/50. someone raises it, the next person pushes all in. I call. It was AQsuited vs my KK, they hit an ace and busted me.

Do you think I should have just waiting till it was later in the game? I don't know if I could have gotten away from KK.

The next game on the very first hand. I get KK I raise to 75 with the blinds at 10/15. I get a caller, on the flop we get all out money in, they have AA to knock me out.

This has been real -EV for me so I am wondering if I should really just in general chuck most hands early in tourneys... I mean an extra 800 chips is good but it isn't really worth losing a shot at placing in the money.

What do you guys think?

Benholio
06-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Hand 1 is clearly just a bad beat. You don't think getting all-in vs. AQ is a good spot to be in?

Hand 2 is just bad luck. You can't be afraid of AA. You should be willing to get all-in preflop with KK about 99.9% of scenarios at any stage of a SNG.

GrekeHaus
06-26-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This has been real -EV for me so I am wondering if I should really just in general chuck most hands early in tourneys... I mean an extra 800 chips is good but it isn't really worth losing a shot at placing in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

These plays have not been -EV for you. In fact, they're solidly +EV. These are just bad beats, that's all. You're a 3:1 favorite here and that's more than enough overlay to be all in. If someone offered me the chance to go all-in with KK vs Ax at the beginning of every tournament, I would take it. Hell, I'd even let them choose the x (as long as it's not another A) and they could even make it suited.

Don't let these bad beats get you down. You made the right plays.

Fatdogs12
06-26-2005, 03:34 AM
yeah thanks you two... I realized after thinking about raptors 25 in a row loss that really this stuff happens and you just have to live with it and keep pushing.