PDA

View Full Version : Discipline.

suited_ace
06-26-2005, 02:38 AM
From time to time I seem to return to the same pattern: I get a run of bad beats and my discipline goes down the drain. I get "creative" with hands I shouldn't, I do all sorts of stupid moves just to regret it one second later.

I usually get my act together sooner or later, tell myself I'll never do it again and start playing as I should.

I just got another bad beat run and I'm doing exactly the same again, playing as I shouldn't.

How do you guys keep the discipline switch on? How do you keep yourselves from temptations?

Matt Walker
06-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Um I don't know why you would ever make a play that you know is bad but if you get that quit and take a day or so off. Move down in stakes if its the money that that bothering you.

Seth Money
06-26-2005, 02:45 AM
I would suggest placing ur hands underneath your butt as you stare at the monitor for 15 minutes. You need a timeout, well do at times. iF ur running bad play the play money [censored] till think your sharp again

treeofwisdom7
06-26-2005, 05:46 AM
first of all having a lot of buy ins. 50+ helps you not tilt so much

lots of skills that you need to win sit n gos day in day out arent even poker related. getting away from the game when your pissed is one of them.. get away clean the house, wash stuff, do something else. and realize you are losing money not because your suck at poker but because you cant control yourself

im having a hard time getting myself away from the game when im tierd. -HUGE EV.. this is something that i need to work on. get away and watch a video, drink a beer. just get some sleep b4 i play again

there is nothing you can do to stop your tilts. you need to control yourself first.. only way to master the game is to have 100% control

pergesu
06-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Aight checkt this out,m ti'll sound kind of wack.

Some wack ass dude this did this expriemetn on rats. Putn them in a big cage wtih milk tin tint, and there was a hidden listnand somewhere. The rats would stimw until theyf found the dsiandly and could chill for a little hwile. But he dit a dsecond expreitment where the rats didn't ahve anaye island, and they just eventauyla gave up.

Then het aakets all ther ats and puts them int ehg acae with milk and no island. THe rats that had been in the cage with an asiland swam for TWICE AS GLOGNA as the rats that ddin't expreicne the island. This is hope. THis is optimisme. If you can remember a time that you did well at poker, both becasue you fperformed well AND were in thef avor of the poker gods, you can vidvauslye yousrelf a winner anw ill wtf_opwn the tables like nbobody's busneiness, nahmean.

pearljam
06-26-2005, 08:12 AM
can someone please translate this? something about an experement, seems kind fo interesting, thanks.

pergesu
06-26-2005, 08:14 AM
DaslbeLebene will trasntalte this ir n the morning. Hes'y my interperet

MeanGreenTT
06-26-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DaslbeLebene will trasntalte this ir n the morning. Hes'y my interperet

[/ QUOTE ]

F'ing useless jive /images/graemlins/grin.gif Cambridge Ebonics, JOY!

petvan
06-26-2005, 09:06 AM
just chant to yourself "play good poker, play good poker, play good poker" ;-)

Works for Phil!

Pp

octaveshift
06-26-2005, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I get "creative" with hands I shouldn't, I do all sorts of stupid moves just to regret it one second later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brother, you said a mouthful.

suited_ace
06-26-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brother, you said a mouthful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess so. My solution for now was to edit my table.jpg and now it has a huge "THINK" written on it. I transformed the table into a motivational speaker.

I don't know if it will last, but for now it works.

Big Limpin'
06-26-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, check this out, i am still kind of wack.

Some scientist this did this experiment on rats. He put them in a big cage with ???? , and there was a hidden island somewhere. The rats would swim until they found the island and could chill for a little while . But he did a second experiment where the rats didn't have an island, and they just eventually gave up.

Then takes all ther rats and puts them in a cage with milk and no island. THe rats that had been in the cage with an island swam for TWICE AS LONG as the rats that didn't experience the island. This is hope. THis is optimism . If you can remember a time that you did well at poker, both becasue you performed well AND were in the favor of the poker gods, you can visualize yourself a winner and will "wtf_pwn" the tables like nobody's buisiness, amen .

[/ QUOTE ]

Drunkeneese --> English translation:

IF you played well before, and won a bunch of money, you will be willing to chase that dragon for longer than the peoples who have never tasted "success". If you have been a winner before, you will go through much ass-kickings to attempt to regain that perch atop the SnG mountain.